The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: evo 8 IC piping kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Quoting Jonvr4:
Hey Guys, I am running behind on a project I am working on for a member on the board, and haven't been able to get started. I will have them welded by Sunday I know that for sure.

hows it going jon???? is it done???? I had major boost leaks yesterday and ran a 16.3 lol. I need them pipes.
-Shane

Not quite done, I have been super busy trying to finish the car I have now. One thing I forgot to ask is if anyone is using a MAF-T with this set up.

Brunoboy

i know im not using it, but is your setup able to be modded if I were to ever buy a gm maft?

Quoting Jonvr4:
One thing I forgot to ask is if anyone is using a MAF-T with this set up.

Nope, 2g here.

throughfaith323

hey jon. i see that someone backed out on a kit. i might be interested in it. can a GM maf work with this? i dont see why it wouldn't. I'm only asking cause you asked if anybody was. if the kit is not still available any chance in getting another made up if i decide i definatley want the kit?

thanks
ed

In regards to the MAFT question, the only thing that changes is where the BOV is located. I prefer using GM MAFs in front of the turbo like the stock set up, as it meters air better. But in a blow through set up, then the BOV needs to be located in a lower section of the piping. I'll have pictures up tomorrow of how the set up is, and people could have me do their according to their current set up.

Brunoboy

if i were to buy a gm later on down the road, could I modify your kit to make it work?

It would be easier to just leave it in draw through set up, but I can put the BOV in an area where if you do want a blow through set up it would be easy to change.

Brunoboy

Quoting Jonvr4:
It would be easier to just leave it in draw through set up, but I can put the BOV in an area where if you do want a blow through set up it would be easy to change.

can you tell me what a gm maft actually does? and does it prove useful for later?

It replaces the stock, 2g or 3g MAS. IMO it sucks, but thats just me. I would much rather use a 3g MAS over it.

throughfaith323

Why don't you like the GM maf? the GM maf is now tunable with the new version of DSM link and i have a $300 brand new tial BOV laying around that can't be recirculated and will hold about 40 psi(which i don't believe a stock crushed 1g BOV can hold more than 20) which is why i might turn towards it.

Also is that kit available that the one person backed out on cause i'm really starting to consider it.

Right now all the kits are spoken for, but it looks like I may pick up like 4-5 more kits worth of materials. If I do, I'll have all 14 kits complete by next week, but the first nine will be mocked up tomorrow.

Brunoboy

alright Hey jon can you check you box im going to pm you right now.
-shane

Treefidy-1 kit stock BOV (no charge)
Barnesmobile- 1 kit stock BOV
Brunoboy - 1 kits Stock BOV
COBHC- 1 kit Stock BOV
Teamenvy92- 1 kit BOV?
Eighty9TSI- 1 kit Stock BOV

I have all the stock BOV kits mocked up and going to get welded tomorrow. I know there was a few extra people aside the ones listed so I made a couple extra kits. Please let me know if you wanted on, and not on the list. I have had about 5 or 6 people PM me, please post here if you want one! Keep in mind the completed kits are for top facing turbos, and I will not have the bottom facing turbo kits done till next week, I need more materials. I am going to probably order quite a few more kits worth of piping, if a kit is not purchased in the next week or two the price will be going up to $330.

EDIT: Those listed above please send payment via paypal. My paypal address is [email protected]. Also be sure to add the 3% fee as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts