The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: evo 8 IC piping kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Guys, I plan on ordering materials this coming Tuesday or Wednesday, so if you want a kit let me know ASAP.

Brunoboy

Two for me in Black, Jon +1

ktmrider

Hey Jon, I am in Japan thru 3/28 so it'll be a "little" tough to remove my items.
Appreciate the offer tho, GL on the job hunt and pipe making!

Not to jack this thread but if someone needs an EVO 8 IC to go with this piping. I have an XSPOWER one that has never been installed I'll let go for $170.00.

kitcho

damn i wish someone would make a piping kit for the jdm intercooler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cOmpressor

^^ You should just upgrade to the Evo8 with Jon's kit. You can get Evo8 coolers for under $100 now and with this kit the install takes almost no modification.

Yeah, I'm interested...in the one I paid for well over a year ago.

I've been anxiously waiting to make my first post on here, but I always wanted to get my car finished and running before I did. And seeing how Jon has been giving me the run-around for so long (and seeing how he's still advertising for these kits) I guess I might as well just go ahead and bug him some more publicly on the forums. I know, I know, "Take it to PM's", well that doesn't exactly work when I get ignored for so long, only to have him PM me months later promising me that the kit is on it's way. Please Jon, just send me the kit I paid for in 2007, or refund me the $325 dollars I originally paid for it.

kitcho

Quoting cOmpressor:
^^ You should just upgrade to the Evo8 with Jon's kit. You can get Evo8 coolers for under $100 now and with this kit the install takes almost no modification.

i assume mounting the evo8 ic would require modifiction though

Treefiddy check it out man!

Quoting Jonvr4:
I owe 1 kit to treefidy which will be the first I build, so that will mean I will probably push out 6 or 7 others. All piping will be stainless steel, I can do polished or raw SS. I am also offering the option of mild steel with powder coating. All options are the same cost.

Thanks Jon, I didn't see you mentioned me in the first post. Honestly, I just saw that you were selling these again, read about two sentences of your first post, then got upset and posted. Can you tell me if the couplers are going to be included like they were originally? Or will I have to supply my own?

Black would be perfect. Thanks again. I can't wait to finally get this IC on!

Brunoboy

did you get my PM jon???

Hey Guys, I just got confirmation that my SS source has material for 10 kits in stock, and local to me. I am ready to pick it up, but need a final head count. Friday is D day for me to go pick it up, so if you want a kit let me know!!!

Eighty9TSI

Ill take a kit for sure!

+1 here

Would like polished SS please, with stock BOV flange. Next question I have is, will the flange be welded in a manner that I could change (i.e. cut, reweld) with some elbow grease. I may change BOV options later with a Tial or something and would like it to be an option. I was just about ready to sit down and weld up my piping, but for the time/effort of lining it all up, welding, adjusting, the $290 is well worth it in pure labor/headache. (Im a flatrate tech and value my time accordingly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Also, I highly recommend siliconintakes.com as well, they had a ton of options and very fast turn around (read 2 days to get my couplers).

Last edited:

To change the flange will require careful cutting and a hole saw, so you will be just fine.

So far it looks like I have 7 kits lined up.

Treefidy-1 kit stock BOV
Barnesmobile- 1 kit stock BOV
Brunoboy - 2 kits Stock BOV powder coated black
COBHC- 1 kit Stock BOV
Teamenvy92- 1 kit BOV?
Eighty9TSI- 1 kit Stock BOV

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned