The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 71/1000 Galant VR4 Indiana $4,500obo

I may just have Steve Hamm ride up with me to Terre Haute, then bring it back.

I will figure out tomorrow how quickly I can get the $2,500.

Is there any suspension work done to it? It looks a little low in the rear in the pics earlier in this thread.

Eek!

Okay. Suspension was going to be the first thing I worked on anyway.

Also, I wanted to ask about the AWS. Is it still functional, or did it go all ready?

Last edited by a moderator:

I have no idea on the AWS, is there a way to see if it works? It's supposed to only work above 60?

I thought it was 30mph, or maybe that was for the 3kgt VR-4s.

It's not a deal breaker or anything, I was just wondering if you knew or not.

I've been curious if it did since i bought it, but i don't know how to check. :p

JSchleim18

it's usually around the 30 mph mark...also, the AWS on these cars isn't that great anyways and a lot of people ditch it when they do a 4 bolt LSD swap

hey, just found out. Looks like I won't be able to get the $2,500 for a few more weeks. I still owe a little on a current loan that I will need to pay off first. Once that is done, I can get you the $2,500.

Sounds fine, i'm not in a huge rush to sell, money's stable at the moment, but i would like it gone.

Great!

I will let you know once I have the cash, and we will work on getting the car down here.

Perhaps you shouldnt be shopping for a car with no money^^^^^^ /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

I was first just looking because I had $1500 in cash. I also had a small loan from when I bought an '89 Mirage hatch last year. That car is long gone, by way of trade. I then traded again, and then sold the Talon I recently had. These are all project cars for me, not dailys. Anywho, I knew I didn't have much left to pay on the loan, but wanted to see if I could find anything for the $1500 first. When I found this car, I decided to just take the $1500, pay off the loan, and get a new loan for the $2500 to buy this one. I found out yesterday I was about $150 short of paying off the loan. Since I get an "allowance" from my check to spend on my car hobby, I need another couple weeks to pay off the $150 or so. Once that is done, I will walk into a bank, get an unsecured loan for $2500, then buy this car. I didn't really want to get a loan for a random car, then look for one. I wanted to get the car all lined up first, then get the money.

So, yes, I don't have the money sitting around, but can get it within the next few weeks.
Anyway, I told him he didn't have to hold it for me. If I contact him and it's sold, I'll take my money and get something else. I'd completely understand. I've been through so many "deals" where the buyer said they would have money for a car I was selling, then didn't. I'd understand if he took up another deal of someone with cash in hand.

Just re-read that. Not trying to come off like an a$$, just explaining my "situation". /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/cool.gif

Quote:
Perhaps you shouldnt be shopping for a car with no money^^^^^^ /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

I think this is the most rude car community i've been around.

Quote:

I think this is the most rude car community i've been around.

Really?

Ever been to DSMtalk? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif

I didn't take it as rude. No worries.

I'm talking about in general, the Mitsubishi/DSM owners are rude.

Quote:
I'm talking about in general, the Mitsubishi/DSM owners are rude.

Eh, I guess. I've been a mitsu owner for 8 or 9 years and haven't noticed it. I know DSM'ers are generally cocky and rude. But don't lump us all in one category. Mirage owners (all generations of mirages/colts/summits)are generally pretty laid back.
The group of people on here seem to be pretty kind. Not the best I've seen, but not the worse by any means.

Also, I may be able to get the cash a little sooner. I'm may be selling some things I've been trying to sell for awhile. If I do that, I can get the cash a little quicker.

Again, I don't plan on you holding it for me. You had any other offers?

One other guy says he has cash in hand through PMs.

And of course i'm not saying everyone's rude, i mean, i drive one and i try to stay laid back. Anyway, enough of that, i'm selling a car. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
One other guy says he has cash in hand through PMs.

Well if you sell it, just let me know. I'll just go buy a Civic hb I guess.... /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/blush.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned