The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 71/1000 Galant VR4 Indiana $4,500obo

Flip4G63

post some better pics up... looks like cell phone pics. pics of all the damaged areas clean pics might help the sell! i would buy it to fix it up if you where close to me.

damn im in indy right now selling all the crap from mine that never got put together, i'd buy it if it were closer to idaho cause i just dropped 400 on a plane tickett to get home you should think of delivering, I have a transfercase and tranny for the car just sitting here.

Where would i be delivering it to?...

There's no real damage to the car, body is straight, just needs the two doors and front fender painted. That's the best i can do for pictures, it's a 5 megapixel camera. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

you wouldnt want to drive to idaho or near, its 1600 miles from indy. it takes 23 hours driving, and it sucks. (done it 4 times in the last 4 months) besides i dont want to pay 4500, the body i had was in imaculate shape not even scratched betond the clear really. but if you wanted you could pm me and let me know what you might be thinking, im open, if you want to drive up to indianaoplis befor sat afternoon so i could see the car maybe that will sway me, my flight leaves then so whatever.

I have to replace the transfer case and work all day tomorrow.

I'm taking $2,500 for it, not $4,500. I'm willing to paint the passenger side for $3,000. Selling cheap, i'm about to buy a late model car.

for that price i would be willing to consider, the problem im having right now is ive lost about 2000 on my build up and the guy who was going to do the sht keeps flaking out. do you have the transfercase cause i havent sold my tranny or transfercase yet.

Do you happen to be in the crowd with Empire Motoring?

I'm in Evansville Indiana and am a buddy of Steve Hamm's. I'm just trying to figure out if you are the fella he was telling me about with the GVR4.

I will give you $1,500 cash in hand, if you get the transfer case fixed so I can drive it down here. I will give you $1,300 if I have to trailer it down here.

I know it sounds like a low ball, but that's what I have right now. Also, doesn't seem like you are getting much interest from anyone else.

I'll keep it for anything lower than $2,500 and part it or something. I traded a car i had about $7,000 in to for it because i thought i could get my $4,500 asking price from this car. Come up with an extra $1,000 and we'll deal.

But yeah, that's me.

Cool. If I haven't found anything else in the mean time, I'll get ahold of you and see if you still have it.

Actually, if you give me about a month, I can get you $2,500.

Now would that be with it being driveable, as in you have fixed the transfer case? Or is $2,500 with it needing the transfer case to be fixed still?
Other than it not being able to move, is there anything wrong with it? Does it run okay?

Runs great minus the transfer case. The shift linkage needs changed, the previous owner "fixed" it with zip ties and gasket maker...i don't know how it works, but it works okay, but it can't be shifted hard.

I'll paint it for you if you buy the paint, should be a pretty minty car with the paint fixed.

You still didn't really answer the question...

Is the $2,500 price with the transfer case fixed or is it for the car with the transfer case still busted?

Don't worry about painting it. I can do that later. Thanks though.

Then you've got a deal. Of course, I don't expect you to hold it for me, but if you still have it when I can get the cash, I'll take it.

Do you think it would make the drive to Evansville with no problems? Or should I trailer it?

Can I see some engine bay pics?
Also a pic from sitting in the drivers seat of the dash/gauge cluster area?

Also, do you know what size 16G is on there?

How many miles are on it?

Is the title clear?

I'll try to get both of those pictures at a later time, the chassis has 186,000, motor has 100,000ish, head is rebuilt and fully cleaned 2,500 miles ago with 272 cams.

It's the small 16g, it has an external dump and it's ported.

Title is clear.

Transfer case is out, that was cake, i'm ordering a new one soon. I'll happily drive it there, i drove it to Michigan and over to Chicago a few months ago, it was my delivery car for work at the time the T-case locked.

If you drive it here, how you going to get back? Just have someone follow you?

We'll figure that out when we get there. :p I could have you drive me back and you drive the car home if you want to put that kind of miles on it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned