The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

THEKID

December 1, 2008: THEKID responds to my WTB add saying he had a SBR GT10 which was what I was looking for.

December 1, 2008: Dec. 1, 2008 Payment To matthew fruhmann Completed Details -$430.00 USD $0.00 USD -$430.00 USD I paid him for the turbo.

December 1, 2008: He gets payment, says "will ship out tomorrow and email you a tracking #"

December 4, 2008: No tracking number from him. I PM him, ask him where it's at, he sends me this tracking number "420968189102805213907602047675" This tracking number is just a mailing label made online. The package has never been taken to the post office.

December 5th-13th: I'm in the Navy, and have to go out for a few days. Not able to check the status of the tracking number, nor am I able to check my physical mail box. I expect the turbo to be waiting for me when I get back.

December 14th, 2008: I check the tracking number, still has never been scanned. Suprise suprise, no turbo in my mailbox.

December 14th, 2008: I'm livid. I message him, ask him what's going on. His reply "you bought the sbr turbo correct i lost the list of what i shipped to who" Funny, he knows without me even saying it what I bought. Not to mention the fact that he claims to have already shipped it out almost two weeks ago.

December 15th, 2008: I ask him when he was going to let me know when it was going to let me know that he didn't know what I had bought from him ( I put what I bought in the Paypal payment details )He tells "it was shipped it might take some time to get there it is a pretty big box ans Hawaii is far from nj " Bull. My wife ships me things from Conn. to Hi, and it's a week tops.

December 15th, 2008: I call shennanigans on it taking 3 weeks, ask him "If it was shipped, why does usps still show that the tracking number was never scanned? When was it shipped? Is it still the same tracking number?" He replies "still the same number i just had a similar problem when i shipped some injectors to austraila and the same thing happened and it just showed up one day at his house like 5 weeks later but that is far away they told me when i shipped your turbo it would take about 3 weeks to get to you"

This guy is full of it. I'm done dealing with this guy. Going to work on getting the money back. Even if it would take 3 weeks (doesn't), and assuming that usps, at all the times a package gets scanned, missed that box everytime which is why there is no tracking info available, it should still be here by now.

THEKID

i shipped 11 items along with yours from the local mailboxes store. when i shipped it the guy at the store told me that it would take a while to get there. as i explained to you. we have conversed about this i even gave you my phone number to call me and you didn't. i explained to you that because of the method of shipment it will take a while cause it is a big package. and as far as the tracking number it is only delivery confirmation which means that it will only show up online when it is delivered. it doesn't track every stop.here is a copy of the shipping label receipt as i received it when the turbo was shipped.

Polish

Hopefully a mod will approve this as it is kind of relevant.

USPS and the tracking, sucks.

I shipped a set of springs from Fort Wayne to Chicago a couple years ago, it took THREE WEEKS to make a THREE HOUR DRIVE. The tracking wasn't updated the entire time until it was delivered. They are very slow with large/heavy packages, so it is very likely it could be another week or two before you see it. Just FYI.

steve

To confirm, USPS TRACKING SUCKS. They call it tracking, but it really is only Delivery Confirmation. It doesn't update the status/location of your package like UPS tracking does.

vtecds1

^^^I agree. My mom sent shipped a cell from from Vegas to Chicago via USPS(priority) through a private store last Monday and I haven't received it yet. I only have a delivery confirmation and it's saying that it's not a legit number on the site.

We just got it today. Funny thing is that someone was suppose to sign for the package, but the postman just left it in our mailbox.

Last edited:

THEKID

thanks to all who agree. when the turbo does arrive i would like an apology in the good guys section. i feel it is only fair. i did give him my phone number to call me so we could talk this out and still have not heard from him.

4thStroke

I too have had a less than desirable experience with THEKID. Sorry bro, but the parts werent as described and I wasnt able to use anything I bought from you because of it.

THEKID

callmeltc is a huge piece of garbage not only did he not call me as i have asked him to many times he just filed a paypal claim against me and is messing up my accounts

steve

Alright callmeltc you guys need to get in contact with one another and then update with a new status.

4orced4door

I've been holding out on posting this but I feel it needs to come to light now since other people are having issues. I bought an Evo 3 16G with manifold from THEKID (Matthew Fruhmann) on Nov 30 for $215. It was advertised as:

"215 shipped dont know how many miles looks good has no shaft play came off a running car spooled good"

I received the turbo in a timely manner but it is not even CLOSE to what I bought. The packaging was also a complete joke. The turbo was wrapped in a trash bag and thrown in with a bunch of peanuts. The studs were sticking out the side of the box when I got it. Not how you package a 40lb item.

I immediately contacted the seller, quite unhappy. He proceeded to act like it wasn't his fault because somebody told him it was an Evo 3 turbo. Educate yourself before you sell stuff! This turbo is completely useless to me and probably not worth fifty bucks. He then told me he wouldn't give me a refund until I shipped it back on my dime, which I refused since the whole thing was his fault. I guess he decided to refund me anyway, and I have been waiting since Dec 12 for a refund which his bank declined, and I'm now being put off until Dec 31 supposedly. I send paypal all the time - it doesn't take three weeks to send a payment.

When/if I receive my refund, I will say so.

Pictures of the garbage condition 14b and cracked manifold I received:

4thStroke

My experience was similar, 4oced4door, I didnt want to bring it up, but I figured it was time.

Horrible packing for the weight, box was beat up and had holes in it. Most of my parts werent as described.

THEKID

4orced4door

as i told you i submitted the refund the bank did not approve the transfer. i went to the bank and straightened it out and i called paypal. they told me that it is scheduled to be cleared on the 31. i dot know why it is taking so long either i wish it would be done with but i am refunding the money.

THEKID

update to 4orced4door:

the money needed to send the refund has just been taken from my bank account. so it will clear as scheduled on the 31.

4orced4door

Thanks for the update, I will post here when I receive it.

THEKID

another update to 4orced4door:

check your paypal it says that the refund has cleared on my. sorry for the inconvenience and any trouble this may have caused you.

THEKID

if anybody wants go to usps.com and track this number 420968189102805213907602047675 and you will see that the turbo has been delivered. callmeltc like i said 3 weeks maybe a few days longer cause of the holiday. and it was delivered on 12/26/2008 at 9:38 am . i would like you to drop the paypal claim.

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting USPS:
Your item was delivered at 9:38 AM on December 26, 2008 in HONOLULU, HI 96818.

His location says he's in Florida. Did it end up in the wrong place or does he have the wrong location in his profile? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JNR

He is in the Navy and may be stationed in one or the other place.

I dropped the claim with paypal. I received the turbo, despite the horrible packing (the turbo was hanging out of the bottom of the box), the turbo arrived as described.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned