The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replica Key Fob Interest Thread

steve

I was thinking of fronting the money to buy a bunch of blanks, and then you guys could get them engraved yourselves at your local Things Remembered or whatever place is available. However, I didn't expect the company making these would want to deal with individual customers. Alex said they are willing to do that.

It sounds like we'd be able to do the price closer to 25 shipped if I order a bunch of blanks, but you'd have to handle your own engraving. I'm just not sure if its worth the hassle since they are willing to take individual orders with engraving included. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Thoughts?

BrandonEchols

Quoting jepherz:

I'd also like to wait to hear what Medalcraft has to say. These cars are honestly REALLY old, do you really care if it takes a few weeks to find more info on getting an original keyfob made? I sure don't.

I agree with this.
I'd really like to see if medalcraft can do this, even if they don't have the original dies, they'll know the material it was made from, and can probably do a better job on re-creating it...but that's just my .02
Either way, I'm in for 2 still, but I'd love to try'n get the company that did it originally to re-create them for us.

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting steveGLS:
I was thinking of fronting the money to buy a bunch of blanks, and then you guys could get them engraved yourselves at your local Things Remembered or whatever place is available. However, I didn't expect the company making these would want to deal with individual customers. Alex said they are willing to do that.

It sounds like we'd be able to do the price closer to 25 shipped if I order a bunch of blanks, but you'd have to handle your own engraving. I'm just not sure if its worth the hassle since they are willing to take individual orders with engraving included. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Thoughts?

I know there isn't great history, but If someone was willing to take all the money, place the order (with engraving) just the shipping would save the $10 per.

steve

Trouble is that person could be stuck with badges that are already engraved, that people back out on. At least if I put up the money and have 60 blanks, I can sell them to anyone interested. But if I have two that say 1051/2000 its going to hard to sel..... wait.. bad example. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SouthCaliVR4

I would be totally cool with getting the fob engraved myself. Any trophy shop or jeweler should be able to handle that part.

mountaineerjeff

me too, as long as we figured out the exact font.

and i would probably be one that would buy one down the road, as I dont have extra money right now.

donkeylips

I would like to see what Medalcraft has to say about re-creating them. I would also prefer not to have to get it engraved myself since it seems like the cost will still be reasonable.

To save on shipping, maybe once everything is finalized we can have a window of time for the people who are really serious to pay one person in advance, and the others can get them directly from the company.

If I can get two for less than $50 shipped, and they're close to the original, I'll take two.

steve

I think I'd rather still order blanks, and anyone who doesnt want to handle their own engraving i will take it for engraving for a fee. I don't want to be running to the engravers every damn day though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry Posten

What is tsory about the 91 vs 92 script?

I don't want a 91 fob. Are you planning on not having the lower "year" script?

steve

As I understand there will be two molds made? I will have to talk to Alex about that. I thought somewhere in this thread that a '91 fob and a '92 fob were tracked down for use.

Terry Posten

Very cool. I am in for at least one 1992. If I can get two for $50ish, concider it two for me.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting donkeylips:
I would like to see what Medalcraft has to say about re-creating them. I would also prefer not to have to get it engraved myself since it seems like the cost will still be reasonable.

To save on shipping, maybe once everything is finalized we can have a window of time for the people who are really serious to pay one person in advance, and the others can get them directly from the company.

If I can get two for less than $50 shipped, and they're close to the original, I'll take two.

+1.

At a cost of around 25-30 I'd really hope people could just pony up the cash NOW.

Quoting Terry Posten:
What is tsory about the 91 vs 92 script?

I don't want a 91 fob. Are you planning on not having the lower "year" script?

The company was going to make two molds, one for the 91's and one for the 92's. The key fob that turbowop has is a 92 so they'll use the 1 from 1992 to make the 1991

I'll check in with Medalcraft next Wednesday if they haven't contacted me before then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Posten

Quoting jepherz:
Quoting donkeylips:

+1.

At a cost of around 25-30 I'd really hope people could just pony up the cash NOW.

I would pre pay

steve

If I end up doing the bulk purchase, it will definitely be blanks, and therefore I wont be too worried about prepayment. Prepayment is usually where all the problems start. Typically people pre-pay and then the product is delayed and they get pissed off, back out, etc. I'd much rather have a product in my hands and put it up for sale. Straightforward. We've seen too many times what happens when a GB organizer funds the GB purchase with the customers' money.

However, I wont complain if you want to pre-pay to get your name on the list. But your monies will not be used to fund the bulk purchase.

464/2K

I'm in for one of each year!!! Steve, I'd be willing to buy blanks, no problem.

Off topic but... When did you move back?

Thanks to the OP for doing this!!

steve

Moved back about 6 months ago... long story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Diego

Imma roll the ball, I get payed tomorrow, where do I send the paypal.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As long as I get them by Oct 20-something I'll have them before my move.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts