The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replica Key Fob Interest Thread

I updated the my original post with the latest information.

I have found a company that says they can easily replicate the original cast key fob for a reasonable price!

This would be a CAST key fob opposed to a machined one.

I am waiting to hear back from them with a quote.

They'll need an original key fob to produce the mold so if anyone has one from an old car they'd be willing to part with please send me a PM. I'd be willing to buy it or I can return it to you with a replica key fob after they are produced.

JNR

That's cool...although does it infringe against anything (mitsubishi) if it were a direct copy? I would check that just to be sure.

JNR

don't be too sure when it comes to infringement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Least it's not chrysler (jeep) though, as they'll hunt you down, fukk your ***** and take your shirt. As I mentioned earlier, an obvious replica is one thing, but if you start making a true conterfeit, well...you'll be home in China /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I don't have an original to view, but unless it has the triple diamond on it, they will have nothing to say about it. That is the only thing that is copyrighted, unless they thought to copyright "Galant VR4", which I doubt.

Terry Posten

If the price is under $50 for a cast replica, I will take 1 for 425/1000.

But they will have to make 2 molds, 1 for 91 and one for 92.

donkeylips

Quoting EMX5636:
I'd like to get one for 108/2000.

And mine would be for 108/1000!

turbowop

Y'all should just get keyfobs with the number 1051 on them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Srsly though. I'd like one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

broxma

Down for 2.

/brox

Brunoboy

are we talking about dash plaques or key chains? lol, if its key chains, and its cheap, im down.
-Shane

JNR

Quoting iceman69510:
I don't have an original to view, but unless it has the triple diamond on it, they will have nothing to say about it. That is the only thing that is copyrighted, unless they thought to copyright "Galant VR4", which I doubt.

No Mitsu logo, although the 'VR4' is in such a way to be a logo and unique to the model. Copyright stuff is weird, in that it could apply to the font of 'Galant' and go as far as the shape of the keyfob. It is unlikely they would care, but just saying be careful how far you copy it. However, I can bet that a shop will not be able to duplicate t 100% and like chinese ripoffs, it will be easy to distinguish the difference. I wish my original was in better shape, but it sits in the drawer and will be there until I sell the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still looking for an original key fob to send to the company for a mold!

Please PM me if you have one you'd be willing to sell!

dustyduff

I could be mistaken, but I thought I saw someone post one for sale in the parts for sale section this week.

Thanks for the heads up! I sent him a PM but $175 was really more than I was looking to pay for one to make a mold from.

dustyduff

No worries, figured I would throw it out there. Depending on the amount of interest, if we have enough people we could all pitch in $5-$10 to buy it. It would also ensure that folks are locked in for purchasing one since they already have money vested in it. Just a thought, because I'd be willing to do that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned