The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Non ABS conversion

Gimpin

can 1G auto TEL AWD lines and prop valve be used on a galant?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I think the lines are the same, but the prop valve may not be as ideally suited to the chassis as the galant version. This was discussed a long time back. Not sure if I could fine the thread though...

NateCrisman

1G non abs lines will work fine. There is some debate about the proportioning valve being "not quite right" due to weight bias being different, but I doubt you would be able to tell anything is different unless you were VERY experienced with threshold breaking on your specific car.

IMHO that proportioning valve is just one thing that affects which wheels would lock first on the average car. Many of us change front/rear pads independently with different brands and even use different brand/worn rotors front to rear. It's one of those things that maybe an autox or road course racer might want to be perfect, but for a streetcar that isn't braking so hard that wheels are locking up all the time needs to really be concerned with.

I use the 1g AWD prop valve, and I can't tell anything has changed. The only time Im going to brake hard enough to lock a wheel is in a panic stop, in which case Im going to lock all 4 anyway regardless of which valve is in the car.

If you want to go nuts, I think the GGSX valve is the one you want for a "correct abs delete".

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts