The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New here

Hey everyone my name is Mike. I'm soon going to be buying a 91 vr4. I come from the BMW community and I'm hoping I'll like my first JDM car. Anyone have any suggestions on what to look for when I go to see this car?

I've searched but i figured I'd ask but does anyone have a picture of a vr4 on some BBS's? I'm up in the air with the looks of a vr4 but I think that'd look pretty good.

Some details of the car ill be buying. (copied from the owner so sorry about the format)

this is a '91, #1687 of 2000.
282 awhp; with an Apexi SAFC-II,
the suspension is as follows:

H&R springs
KYB AGX adjustable front struts (less then 2k on them)... See more
GAB adjustable rears (same as the kyb agx just painted gold verses red, dunno the age)

brakes are axxis ultimates if I recall correctly, should have stainless lines on it but I can't remember.

clutch and pressure plate is an ACT 2600
flywheel is an ACT Chromoly flywheel

4 wheel steering is still intact and working, no leaks in the back from the rack or the lines.

it seems i lost everything he told me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

i know bmw's you always replace the timing belt and water pump if the PO didn't. im assuming its the same?

SmoothCustomer

If you're up for it. I know that BMW water pumps are easier to change. Don't know anything about the belts. It really isn't that small of a job (at least when the engine is in the car) on a 4g63. Welcome to the site by the way.

Edit: Check the underbody for rust, that is the main concern depending on where you are buying it from.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned