The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Im new here

Songsay

Well lets just say we drive from Anchorage to Seattle, lets remember that is only half the trip.
We would still need to drive home. I would opt for the ferry through the inside passage.
I have done that drive 4 times. lots of washboard dirt road.
Three times in my 1990 honda accord and once in my 3000gt.
Well the 3000gt was most epic, that was 8000 miles in one month.
from Houston Texas all the way up the west coast, through Canada and then to Anchorage.

Not so sure I want to deal with the short gearing of the Galant, nor the drone of the exhaust.
3000gt is a hiway star, nice long gears for those lonnggggg stretches of nothing.

A drive from Anchorage to Seward would be cool.
Even better would be Crow Creek road, its all dirt for mile and miles and it is very twisty.
It would be like WRC.

Jesh

yeah a cruise to seward would be pretty cool. maybe to palmer sometime and hit up the dragstrip, still never even seen one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A summer cruise sounds cool. I'll be spending most of the summer at the drag strip in Palmer (trying to go fast), and hitting up every autox event, and try rallycross.

Songsay

There are four diff groups that hold autocross events, as far as I know.
Sports Car Club of America, Sub Zero Motorsports, Alaska Sports Car Club, Porsche Club

Me and the woman were involved in SCCA, We did every autocross event, many rallycross and a few road rally.
We got burnt out and this season we did none of them.

Different folks in each particular group. So you can try each one and decide what you like better.

Yea I had alot of fun this past season in the AutoX events. All I did was Co-Drive in my buddys FC RX7 in the ES class. Im looking forward to the road rallys the most...but first I gotta get the galant up to par with all the parts I've been receiving.

Songsay

We did about 20 events last season using three of our cars, the '92 3000gt vr4, the '91 3000gt vr4 and our '95 talon tsi.
We were safety stewards, so we were the first ones there and the last to leave, and I was on the board of directors. So lets just say, it was soooo much work. But its what makes it possible for everyone else to get out and enjoy the sport.
I would have loved using the galant in autocross. The short gearing would have been much better than the tall gearing on the 3000gt's.
Maybe next year I might try it. But prob just 1 or 2 events. It was pretty darn expensive. I cant imagine professional race teams, they operate with huge budgets.

AlaskanVr4

Hey how's it going!! I'm new here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Soo I decided to Google my tag 239/1000 and this post pulled up. I couldn't believe it I have this car now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but it has been stripped clean. I am in the process of rebuilding it!! It was going to be crushed sadly but I saved it and got it for free. i'm in the process of finding a bunch parts for it.. but luckily the guy who I got it from had most of all the parts for it and a parts car. Just wanted to let everyone know I am new and I have this car now!! And I'm going to be rebuilding it whoop whoop!! Can't wait to boost up!!

COVR4355

Welcome Songsay!
I too have a Kensington Grey VR4 on the awful factory 15" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I love the Gold 17"s :p What is the maker of the wheels and tire pairing you chose by the way?
Good luck and looking forward to seeing the build

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Songsay himself has not posted on the board since 2013. The new owner is the one posting updates.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned