The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP68HTA vs. Hx35 for DD

turbofonz

Really anything else starts getting pricier.

The newer FP Greens should be a good choice.

Evo3/HTA68 is about as good as it gets honestly. They have a very strong power band that will make you forget about peak HP numbers.

cupajoe

Quoting FavNumber:
You are comparing two totally different turbos. Holset setups are hit and miss if you don't have the correct oil feed and return set up you can blow the turbo prematurely. Why are only these two turbos are being asked about? You ever consider the green or 3052?

Sorry, missed this post. Yeah I actually always wanted the FP3052 but its a little out my of price range. After doing some research on the FP Green is starting to look appealing but it would take me a little longer to get it. I'm at another brick wall because if I get the 68hta I'll most likely need W/I to reach ~390-400AWHP. When in the end I could have spend the money from the 69hta+meth kit and gotten the FP Green.

I don't know how reliable my car will be on a stock block/head with the power of the green. Then I need to consider I just bought the DFCF clutch and don't want to produce more hp/tq it can handle.

What fits the goals best?

cupajoe

Quoting FavNumber:
What kind of spool are you looking for?

I would like full boost by 3500rpms.

thecman02

If I were you I would save up for the fp3052. Check on dsmtuners and this site for deals for the other parts you need. Between waiting and looking for the supporting mods you need you'll probably be able to save up for it. Is your current turbo blown?

cupajoe

Well thanks for all the input guys. Picking up the FP 68HTA end of next week unless another turbo pops up and I cant make up my mind. Haha. Quick question would it be worth getting it ported? or non-ported?

I'm just going to max out this turbo and shoot for 380whp, then later down the road pick up a water/meth kit and try to break 400whp.

Thanks again, Joe

BluFalcon

I'd get it ported. The current 68HTA's are using the EVOIII 16G style turbine housing and I had a problem with boost creep since I was only running 18 psi on it at the time. Had the wastegate opening ported and installed a larger flapper. Portwork on the inlet and eliminating the step also helped spoolup a bit as well. I think it's something that would be worth the money to have done..

Last edited:

cupajoe

Just curious anyone know when the new fp green hta hits full boost?

GSX_TC

Call FP and ask them, that's what they are there for, questions like that (972) 984-1800

Last edited:

cupajoe

Well I feel like a girl who can't make up here mind on what to wear. Lol I honesly don't know if I'll be happy with 320-350whp that a bastard 20g or 68hta would push out on pump. So I decided to save up for something bigger even if it does take a little longer because I'd rather just do it once.

I'm reconsidering the hx35, but also looking into the new FP green hta. Is the green picky with its oil feed/drain lines like the hx35? I know the hx35 is cheaper to rebuild but by how much compared to the green? Just thinking long term. If you had to choose from these two what route would you go?

Your opinion and advice would be greatly apprecaited.

Street Surgeon

Given the selection you're looking to make I'd go with a Green, then again my luck with FP turbos has been less than stellar.

GSX_TC

FP has an outstanding reputation with their turbos, and the FP green is far more better of a turbo compared to an hx35.

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

They definitely have a good rep in the DSM/Evo community, and two of the three I've purchased work great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

WaRrIoRs16

How did the HX35 setup go? Did you need the half-size radiator?

OZRally

You can switch to a Scirocco radiator to free up a lot of room and not have to worry about the Civic radiator over heating on you. In my opinion the HX-35 is far better than the FP Green. You can't compare the quality of a diesel turbo that runs 200,000+ miles under load constantly to a modified Mitsu turbo. The rebuild of an FP green will most likely cost more depending on what needs to be replaced, if a wheel is damaged you're better off just buying a new turbo. Be sure you get all the oil feed and return perfect and you won't have any problems.
Good luck

DynastyLCD

i cant tell you what the HX-35 compares to cause i havent owned one, but going back to back from an FPgreen to an FP3052, what a difference... my green was like 4300 to 23 psi, on stock cams... my 3052 is opening the gate at 27 psi by 3900 with HKS 272 cams. id consider either the 3052, or their new 3076HTA in the FP bolt on housing. you WONT be disappointed!

Brianawd

I have a really nice 3052 that comes with every thing for $1500 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

click

Read sig to see what this turbo can do with the right setup.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned