The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reman'd Calipers

OMFGeofffff

I know there's a couple thread about this already but I need specific answers. I tried getting a rebuilt front left caliper from autozone because I needed it quick. They told me they would have to order it and it will be there in 2 days. Well 2 days go by and they call me saying Cardone cancelled the order because they are all out. Sweet so I'm looking on rockauto and they mix up the single and dual piston calipers together for our cars. I need specific PN's of what I need. I broke the bleeder screw so that's why I'm looking for a new one. I might just have to have my buddy take it to work with him and get it out for me. The problem is my car is in his garage which is a half hour away.

Also I ordered this left rear caliper click I'm just making sure it's the right one. When I got it I compared to what was on my car and it's almost exactly the same but there were two small differences. The bleeder screw is way smaller and the parking brake lever/spring is at a very slightly different angle. It looks like it will bolt up and work but I just don't know. Is there a difference in rear calipers from the different 92 model galants?

2of9

Hey Geoff,

I too had an issue with the rear calipers. It seems that the 93+ DSM AWD calipers will fit our cars because the brake lines from the 90-91 AWD 1G are in a different position then the 92-94 calipers IIRC. I'll try to dig up some pictures because I can show the difference between the 90-92 calipers to the 93-94 calipers. I have no freakin' clue why they changed the position of the brake lines but I remember clearly that the 93-94 brake line hose from the caliper is at a slight angle from the 90-92 brake lines.

OMFGeofffff

Oh yea I noticed that too. One calipers brake line hole was parallel with the top of the caliper and the other angled a little to the back of the caliper.

Last edited:

Struc

FWIW, I got a remaned rear caliper from Advance Auto Parts, and it was correct right off the bat without fooling around with anything. Not sure if you have one in your area or not, but if you do, order online with a discount code for pickup at the store. Works out great, and cheap!

EDIT- Here are some codes:
•BIG5 ($5 off $15 or more)
•BIG10 ($10 off $25 or more)
•BIG30 ($30 off orders over $75)
*BIG40 ($40 off orders over $100)
•BIG50 ($50 off orders over $200)
•P20 (20% off entire order, no minimum)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned