The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Project GTi-16v Dynamic 4

galantgti

A lot of people may remember me from as far back as 2006. From 2012 to 2013,5 I haven't been on here ; at least not logged in, and when I tried to login in again; my account appeared to be removed. I'll restart a thread on my white 6th gen as well; but here it'll be about my latest addition; a 6t gen GTi-16v Dynamic 4.

What makes this car even more special; is that I know almost it's complete history. I know that the car had about 135k (km's) on the odo in 2010. A Mitsubishi mechanic bought the car, replaced the leaking caps in the ECU, socketed it and bought a 6 bolt 220hp 4g63T from Japan with less than 80k (km's) on it. Since then (2010) the car only drove 15000 km, so about 3000 km per year. A couple weeks back it came up for sale again. Without even thinking it through, I went to take a look at the car and bought it right away.

It has some minor issues, rusted rear discs because of the low mileage per year, missing dogleg, leaking valvecover gasket, leaking driveshaft seal, crack in the headlight, and a few other things. It has a few starting rust issues as well; but I'm right on time. No holes or anything, just spots that need attention. Luckily I work at a dealership, so the body department has some work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's the dynamic 4 , so originally a 4g63 NA, 4x abs, 4x independent suspension, 4ws and 4wd. 4ws still completely intact, and no issues. What makes it even more rare is that it's got the special option 'bucket seats(ish...)'. The original seats are very comfortable, while these optional seats really put you down and offer way more support in cornering. Ofcourse they aren't recaro's , but the only bucketseats Mitsubishi offered for their Galant's back in the day in Europe.
Hardlines in great condition. The current 4g63t is bone stock, aside from a HKS BOV and the IC piping. Everything like it left the factory, so still a virgin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I plan on keeping the car completely stock from the outside and mostly on the inside as well. Original decals and the fog delete panels will stay on the car. I only bought another OEM rear spoiler for on the car, bought the missing dogleg from a gvr4.org member, and it will get the RS hood scoops. On the inside I'll install a turbotimer, out of sight. The car will get it's original OEM 2din cassette/cd radio back, with possibly a amplifier mounted under a seat and a few other speakers. But since it's a hatchback, it has some pretty big covers on the inside of the C pillar quarter window, like 30 cm bij 12 cm. Pretty decent to install a quality speaker system.

I'm planning an appointment at the dyno. I want to see what it really puts down now; so I know what I'm starting with. I'm changing all the filters and all the fluids. Engine,trasfercase,diff, brake fluid, coolant; everything. When I know what I'm starting with; I can really start modding her. My goal is somewhere in the 300-350 hp range.

For now; it's time to get her in 'like-new' shape first, both on the inside and outside(and underneath the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). Then the mods can start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

img.php

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice. I always liked the hatch models since I saw one in Japan in 1988.

prove_it

So are those grills in place of the fogs standard? G, got something for you to look up.

G

Staff member
Need the part #'s.

AllanL

nice!

same as my next project car...

by the way, Juan [jnava] used to sell those fog deletes...

galantgti

Will get the part number for everyone who wants them, but it'll be in about 2 weeks. Car is parked elsewhere at the moment, and will get her home in 2 weeks.

Bought an oem stereo as well, to keep the cars original and stock look.

Last edited:

bobdole

Quoting G:
Need the part #'s.

Part# MB598283 and MB598284. Should be still available. I got them last year.
orM1de.jpg

AllanL

how much were they, new? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

bobdole

^about $25.00 each.

AllanL

wow!

i'd like a new set.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

galantgti

galantgti

Replaced the stuck rear brakes yesterday. What a mess.... No wonder the rear brakes weren't doing a whole lot of effort...

galantgti

How she sits now :
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned