The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 534/1000 :)

Launch

If your ECU is socketed, theres alot more you can use then a SAFC. A good chip and DSM_Link, Ostrich, etc would have better control over things. The bigger the inj your compensating for, the more air the safc is pulling from the ecu, therfor placing you in a more advanced timing map than normal, being more prone to detonation and damage

... And as far as max psi safely on pump gas, that depends of your compression and fuel demands, among other things... Psi is only a measurement of the restriction of the motor. Whats the CFM at that given psi? ... The more fuel, and the better its octane rating, the more "psi" you can safely run until knock... And that is only the measurment of the WORST cylinder, which we first tune for no knock, then go from there in small steps.

If you need any help Im in dallas

GSX_TC

Quoting VR4534:
Yes sir! Hope that's not a bad thing lol. [/quote

No it's not bad, I used to know the previous owner you bought the car from a while back. So is it pretty quick now then? And what did u end up Doing with the front and rear bumpers?

Dang! I just gotta give it up, that one clean GVr4! definately good buy!
unfortunately, here in Minnesota, salt eats the car and thats the way we live up here!

Hey fax tc. Update to Penelope Cruz after updates. Have u considered tinted windows?

GSX_TC

are you talking to me?

Thanks guys. It's got a little rust, but nothing that can't be unbolted. Mainly rust on the brakes and lines. I'm looking to paint it soon. Is there anyone on here who could run my vin and tell me what the original color of the car was?

GSX_TC

I'm pretty sure it was always Kensington gray

I was under the same assumption since the inside of trunk, door jams, and engine bay all matched. But Aaron, the previous owner insisted that it's "1993 GMC Grey". Uhhhh...? Lol

EgonOlsen

There should be a plaque under the hood with the original colorcode.
I think mine is located on the firewall in fron of the driver.

W09 for Summit white
G31 for Belize Green
X68 for Nile Black
H52 for Kensington Grey

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned