The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner in Va Beach

Picked her up Friday night:

the one I bought

My Evo isn't much of a daily, and I traded for this so no cash out of pocket. Planning on getting her back to looking new in the long run; not a fan of modding these cars as I think they're gorgeous in stock form. Pulling the motor and tranny and starting there......once she's mechanically sound it will be time for the interior then exterior.

Not looking for anything outrageous; but 350whp is my goal, which is easily doable.

dmj

Good luck with her. The car seems to have a rust free undercarriage,the body does not look bad either, looks like a good starting point for build up.

Lonewolf64

Welcome. I'm in Richmond during the school year. Check the events subforum for the Virginia meet thread.

citymunky

So it was you who picked up that car, I was too late. Hopfully ill be picking up a VR-4 this weekend out of state.

Couldn't pass on it..............should be a good project and eventual daily.

citymunky

Well I'm heading out tomorrow to pick up my VR4 in PA, I'll post pic's when I get back from the road trip.

I got dicked..........been having to work eve's this past week (and next)and only had Friday off, working weekends is awesome. Spent Friday cleaning the garage and making room. She's in now......

2vcwdhj.jpg

28ipxmp.jpg

2chxl1.jpg

I'll start tearing her apart tonight after I get back from Jenro's with the Evo...............

BlitzVR4

Engine bay looks clean. Mine has so much rust. Car was a northern car. What part of Virginia Beach are you from?

citymunky

Quoting cherrod8:
Awesome. We should do a gvr4 photoshoot lol

Umm, the car need some help before any pics are taken. I would be down for like a mini-meet, after I get tags from my car. I'm going to try to get FL tags, that way I don't have to inpect the car, worry about a front, or being stopped by the police for things like a loud exhaust.

Just tore everything apart that I could; tranny/motor are just about ready to pulled.

Seriously; what the heck is up with that stock airbox????

citymunky

DSMs/GVR4 use a Karman Vortex style of Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) that the air filter assembly attaches to directly

Time for a 2g, 3g, evo mas with a pigtail harness(bigger injectors required,and some form of ECU tuning is recommended),or a gm and translater. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Depending on the route you want to take.

Chad989of2000

Real clean looking car man. You guys better get in on this meet we're planning in the beginning of November. Check the events section, the more the merrier.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned