The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

KONE FILTERS!!!

Hi, So I am in the market for a cone filterr and a new mas. I am thinking it is going to be cheaper to go with the 3G mas while still getting all the same gains and I am told that the 3G mas is the same as the evo's so does this mean I can buy a cone filter that fits an evo mass air flow sensor?

jepherz

Staff member
You have to use an adapter to use an external filter like a K&N. It just converts the 4 bolt mating surface to a hose clamp surface. The actual body of the MAS's are the same between the 3g and the EVO.

It's been covered but the #482 3G Mas flows nearly identical to the Evo, its found in v6 Eclipses and Monteros. The adapter for the cone filter is the same as the one for a 2g. Aside from flowing better than a 2g, the bonus of the 3g is the round outlet vs. the oval.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned