The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How hard is it to go 5lug on a vr4?

Illinoisinc

Good morning guys,

Ive been researching on the net about vr4's and noticed a lot of them are 5 lugs. Did they come 5lug? or is it a eclipse swap? if so how hard is it to do that?

Thanks

Jesh

No none of the VR4's came with a factory 5 lug, you can swap it from a most dsm's. And from what I've seen and heard its not that difficult, but I personally have not done it, Maybe one of you guys that have could chime in with the particulars.

thomcasey

I did mine the easy way:

1. Yanked the ABS
2. Installed a 4-bolt complete rear subframe from a 92 TEL
3. Installed complete front knuckles with hubs from a 92 TEL
4. Recirculated rear PS lines
5. Fresh alignment.

Fish

It's not too bad of a job. Basically all you are doing is replacing the wheel bearings and putting 5 lug hubs in place of the 4 lug ones.

slugsgomoo

just remember, 5 lug hubs have 20% more rotating weight than 4 lug! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Of course, that 20% figure is only valid if you are counting only the weight of the studs as your rotating weight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

prove_it

Quoting iceman69510:
Of course, that 20% figure is only valid if you are counting only the weight of the studs as your rotating weight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Don't forget the nut....

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Rrriiiight. But we're all nuts here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned