The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant ac lines/condensor

dsmless

so im trying to get the ac back in 96, i have combed the local yards for a good 89-93 model and have came unp short, there are a ton of 94 up galants so can i use the lines and condensor off on of these models or are they 93 down specific from just eye balling it they look similar,, and can i use a dsm ac belt tensioner, will the lines from a newer galant bolt up the the 92 compressor or can i use the 94 and newer compressor on my 92 mount? well thaks for any input guys

dsmless

Quick question will a hyundai unit work they do use 4g63 versions just throwing it ou there

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Honestly, size-wise you could use the condensor. Mounting might be different. Not sure on location of the receiver etc.The lines would depend on location and fitting size.

I have a good condenser if you want it. I may also have one hose.

Last edited:

dsmless

thanks for your honesty, will measure and double check, i will probably take you up on the condensor and line if all my scouring yields nothing, pm me if you want to sell or work something out

dsmless

so i found a very clean 90 galant gsx at the yard here locally, so i got all the ac stuff from that know my question is, The retrofit ac kits they sell auto parts stores, do they work is it a simple plug and fill thing do i need a special tool, jump some wires, anyone do it?

Barnes

If you are installing all the lines from donor cars, I suggest two things: 1)Clean out the lines with a liquid A/C line cleaner. Should be sold at the parts store 2)Get one of those o-ring kits that has the r-134a compatible rings.

Change all the o-rings you can get to, new condenser, new expansion valve (IMO) then assemble. Take it to a shop and have them vacuum the whole thing down. Then fill it with a retrofit kit from the parts store.

dsmless

changed the o rings and gave it a good flush , threw in the retrofit kit in it and its blowing out really cold air, kinda amazed how easy it was, dont know if it will last like that but at least i can make it to the cookout with my windows up, the total cost for the whole setu was 100 bucks including the freon and the stuff i had to buy off the junkyard, so not bad, thanks for the imput

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned