The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo 8 Brembos on the GVR4

Rausch

anything over and outside of the shock/coil assy, would be considered unsprund weight..essentially the whole hub/brake/wheel would contribute to unsprung weight....basically.

Has this been done yet with success? I would love to have EVO brakes and wheels on the Galant but would like to buy spacers and have it walked-through.

On 2g's the rears are bolt on, the front ones you just have to switch to a 00' JDM galant sterink knucke, and its a bolt on affair.
I have not seen anything on 1g's yet..
Definatly looking forward to seeing this wright up!

Here is the 2g Wright up!
click

Last edited by a moderator:

FCR

I HAVE EVO BRAKES ON MY VR4 AND WORKS REALLY GOOD MY BRACKETS ARE CUSTOM MADE

FOR THE REAR I PLAN TO USE MAYBE THIS SETUP

Last edited:

FCR. Ever thought of having somenoe make more replicas of the front brackets you have?
Also, How are the rears done?

thecman02

That's pimping... i'd love to have atleast the front brakes on my car.

DSMTurbo2

Has anyone thought of just simply going to a non OE setup. The price of a set of these calipers can be enticing but honestly they are probably not the best for what everyone is looking for.

Go to stop techs website, spend a few hours on excel making up a spread sheet from stop techs "white pages" some really good free info there. You can plan out a system based on your factory MC's or switch those up as well, head over to wilwood and grab some in expensive NEW calipers, rotors pads (anywhere you find a good price) and basically go through the same process you are going through now.

I say take this route because by building a simple spreadsheet you will be able to change up some figures and see how it affects your outcome. If a you come across a steal on XXXX rotors you can see how they tie in to the system as a whole. You will learn a ton more in the process and probably end up with a system you are way more proud of and understand a thousand times better, not to mention allot of random calipers come up on eBay all the time for really cheap.

By all means make sure you understand what you are doing and feel confident, but honestly with a little mechanical know how, a little forward thinking and brakes are about as simple as you get... Hydrolics... so predictable.

Just my two cents. Not knocking anybody, hey I have been looking into this too (if the right set of evo calipers fall into my lap... But I don't want bulky 17"+ wheels either. Anywhoo just a thought.

Erik

dime2nr

has anyone look at changing to a 3g eclipse ball joint and 3g knuckle thus making the brembos bolt on for the front. i know the ball joints will need to be turned down almost 2.5mm but other wise should be able to be installed into our control arms. my biggest worry in the splines for the axles and weather they are the same or if custom hybrid axles would be needed.

I agree with Erik on this. Doesn't make much sense to source a knuckle and modify ball joints when you can easily fabricate, or have somebody else fabricate, an adapter bracket for any caliper. Dealing with possibly multiple difference in knuckles (strut to knuckle alignment, tie rod fitment, ball joint fitment, axle shaft spline count, etc) just to make a caliper bolt on? Lots of people on this board are using 3000GT, Camaro, Corvette, and other calipers with custom brackets and I don't think anybody has had trouble with them. IIRC, Wilwood makes an adapter to mount their calipers on our cars. The car I'm building used to have Porsche 996 front calipers with a custom made bracket. Now those are some calipers! (Too bad I couldn't afford what the seller was asking for them.) You can put together a killer brake system without spending a ton, or having to modify things much at all. Look up the how to post Curtis made about using an Infinity master cylinder as an example.

*EDIT: I see now that brackets have been discussed in this thread, I think I confused this thread with another one somewhere...anyway...I vote for brackets over swapping knuckles.*

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Changing knuckles is just a bad idea, especially from different generation vehicles. Unless you are a suspension geometry expert, you run the risk of completely throwing off your steering and handling using parts not designed to work with each other.

Anyone know how much difference there are between the mountain points for the 3000gt calipers and the brembos?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned