The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Energy suspension master kit question

RayH

Quote:
Anyone know if this guy still makes his bushings?

click

Wiz

I bought the same bushings but haven't had a chance to install yet. Note that Paul found they go on the rear subframe and moustache brace and not part rear and part front subframe as the DSMtuners thread says. I tried contacting the guy who made them but never heard back.

jepherz

Staff member
I just contacted Prothane, as they have a "subframe" kit as well for 1g's (Part # 13-102). They informed me that their kit also just includes the 4 bushings for the front subframe.

So, to clarify using what I have learned so far, nobody is making a rear subframe kit out of polyurethane. Looks like I may be giving window weld a chance...

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:
How may people would be interested in these bushing for the sub frame.
Quote:
img.php

I would be depending on price. What are you planning to make them out of? Depending on the hardness of the material, they look like they may be pretty stiff. Are you planning on having some sort of metal sleeve as an insert?

I would definately be interested in rear subframe bushings. Replacing the bushings is next on my list.

Also, which 4 bushings come in the front subframe kit? I see 6 mounting points here.

spooling92vr4

the ES kit does come with the bushings for the rear subframe, i got the kit from RRE a few years back and never used it on my eclipse so i used it on the gvr4. I think i have one and a half laying around without the metal sleeve. I remember it having all the bushings except new ones for the mustache brace

jepherz

Staff member
You SURE about that? my kit had no such bushings. Do you have a part number? I spent many emails and phone convos with ES as well as prothane and they don't make any bushings for the rear subframe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned