The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSG Time Attack VR4 build *Tons of Pics**

So that's what the WTB 4g63 6bolt ad is about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Bimmubishi

We bought one. It's been added to the stable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think Nick's first outing in the Galant will be at Pocono North. We're considering mega squirt and finishing the suspension before then. Fo' reeeaal.

Last edited:

Im not sure whats funny about that pic, that accord raises a lot of eyebrows both on the street and the track. Ive spent a lot of time sorting everything out on that car, it right now its a really well balanced car for both venues. The mod list is lengthy and boring so I wont get into what Ive done, but its a very fun car.

Cy, So with the logic you just stated, where does that leave me on Lime Rock? Is my car the Corvette? or the Miata? (given stock c5 z06 vettes were doing laps in under a minute there)

Anyway, enough about the daily driver. . . I ordered up a custom Ground Control kit for the Galant. Mark down at GC was extremely helpful when figuring out what size sleeves were needED and what length spring. It was an interesting conversion trying to explain why I was using EVO struts on the Galant. The kit should ship out today, so as soon as it comes in We'll slap the rest of the suspension together and Ill get it aligned again.

I also ordered a Palm Pilot and DSMlogger the other day. I was talking to Matt at the shop the other day, and apparently he had a break through with DSM chips. He can pretty much change anything, but he cant data log timing. So I figured Id buy the data logger to make things easier. And ther is always the det-can technique. If I can get away with not using a Mega Squirt for this season, Id be happy.

kartorium

So ground control had sleeves that would fit over the evo front struts? When I was looking around for sleeves, I couldn't find any that were that large ID.

CP

Quote:
Cy, So with the logic you just stated, where does that leave me on Lime Rock? Is my car the Corvette? or the Miata? (given stock c5 z06 vettes were doing laps in under a minute there)

Dunno, as I've never been on the track with you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif In the right hands, our cars are VERY capable at the track given the way you and I have got them set up. I haven't even begun to explore the true potential of my car yet. I'm still learning at a pretty good clip, and would consider myself a solid intermediate at this point.

I can't ever get a clean lap (on video) to figure out what times I'm running. Traffic sucks at LRP.

I sure wish I had money to throw at my car like to seem to Nick. I'd really like to step up to some r-compounds by mid-summer, but that's not in the budget at this point.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Please identify and tally the part numbers you get from GC (make a list) so that others can benefit from the trailblazing you are doing.

Quote:
So ground control had sleeves that would fit over the evo front struts? When I was looking around for sleeves, I couldn't find any that were that large ID.

Yeah, Mark, (the customer service rep) had me measure the the OD of both the front and rear strut housings of the Bilsteins, and the measure the distance from the bottom of the perch to the stop of the housing. (You dont want the sleeve to be you bumpstop, so the sleeve has to be below the top of the housing.)

He is sending me a pair of 56mm ID sleeves, and a pair of 53mm ID sleeves. Hopefully they shipped this morning.

Once I recieve the kit, Ill be sure to post all the measurements and part number I have for you guys.

kartorium

yeah, please make note of the ground control setup. That is awesome they had it and were so helpful!

Being able to customize spring rates (and height) on the evo struts would make them even more viable for galant owners. That is one of the main reasons I took my evo stuff off...couldn't find a sleeve big enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW, both your cars sound like they are pretty badass. Nice work you guys.

Ted Andkilde

Quote:

I'm not sure about the Canadian tracks, I need to renew my passport.

Hey Nick, you can still cross to Canada with a birth certificate and photo ID -- the passport thing has been delayed until Jan 1 at the earliest.

Cheers, Ted

CP

Just send in your docs for the passport (there's an office in Boston). You can do an expidited process that only takes a few days.

I just checked my corner weight sheet, and with the 50% cross weighting, driver in the car and a full tank of fuel (in pounds):

LF: 974 RF: 914
LR: 713 RR: 648

Camber is -3* in front, -1.8* in the rear; slight toe out in front, 0 toe in the rear.

skivittlerjimb

Hey Nick,

Do you have part # and source on the brake duct pieces you used behind the foglight openings?

-Jim B.
280/1000
1432/2000

CP

I'm going to use dual black-painted 90* aluminum elbows from HD Racing hung from the lower control arms gathering air from underneath the car. I'm fabbing them up tonight. They'll be removable and held in place with zipties.

RPW sells some carbon fiber units, but you're looking at around $300 for the set.

OR, so can mimick what a guy on the NEDSM board did for his 2G. He used two funnels, cut the bottoms off and attached them to some hose, which he then ran through his bumper openings to the rotors.

skivittlerjimb

Yeah, that could work, but frankly Nick's set up looks like it would be more effective in terms of brake cooling. He has the same cooling hose pinch issue with clearance on one side, but if you've got an effective inlet area in a high pressure area of the front bumper, you're going to get good airflow even with a somewhat pinched tube. Also, the end of tube would give you a more focused flow to the center of the rotor where you want it.

Still, I'd love to set a pic of your control arm air scoops once you get them fabbed up, Cy.

-Jim B.
280/1000
1432/2000

Quote:

OR, so can mimick what a guy on the NEDSM board did for his 2G. He used two funnels, cut the bottoms off and attached them to some hose, which he then ran through his bumper openings to the rotors.

Don't forget the socks stuck in the funnels for street driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got these off of ebay actually. But they have a site listed as www.nimac.biz if anyone is interested. I guess that have a lot of american engine exhaust flanges there too.

If you go under the "Race Car Parts" they are at the bottom of the page.

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

It stopped making power when we maxed out the 560 injectors. Matt was able to work with the timing a bit to harness a few more ponies for the stable. Last time it was on the dyno it only made 200whp.

rheckert

Nice. What was it that a stock sti dyno'ed at on the roller? I think your brother posted it somewhere. Would be a good comparision to know.

Quote:

It stopped making power when we maxed out the 560 injectors. Matt was able to work with the timing a bit to harness a few more ponies for the stable. Last time it was on the dyno it only made 200whp.

I made about 70 more hp on a 16g on a 2.0 with 560s with 85% IDC. I dont see how you are maxing those out.

Back on topic, when is the first event for this car scheduled? Or did I overlook something?

rheckert

^ that is perciously why I suggested posting a referance awhp from that dyno.

^Huh? Precisely? Purposefully? I'm confused.

Are you saying that the dyno reads low because stock evos/stis make around 230/240? That makes sense then.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts