The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Datalogger ECU Comm error

4orced4door

I don't, or anyone with a 1G I could try it. That would be the easiest of course. Maybe I'll just ask some random person with an Eclipse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4orced4door

Tried it today. Cables were tight, software is at 1.8g, still the same error. Throwing a CEL too.

4orced4door

Null modem adapter gives me "serial comm error" instead of "ecu comm error."

I'm trying to get with a local next week to try the logger in his car and vice versa. I'm going to inspect the wiring as well as I can this weekend.

stevep

I forget for sure which off hand but the two errors have different meanings. IIRC.

ecu comm error = ECU didn't respond to the command.
serial comm error = Datalogger didn't see the command it sent echo back.

Because there is one ECU pin for both transmitting and receiving data when the datalogger sends a command the bits also show up on the RS232 receive data pin.

4orced4door

There was a pin bent over in the diagnostic port. Works now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned