The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

brake pedal switch problem

Tre3zy

ok so i just recently started to have problems with my brake pedal switch... it keeps blowing out the 15A(STOP) fuse from under the dash board... i changed the pedal switch to a brand new one and its still doing the same thing... any idea's on where i should check next???

This may be a dumb question, but why are you certain that it is the brake switch? Reason i ask is that iirc the bulbs are powered off of that fuse under a stopping condition. Bulb failures are a major source of frustation for me with two of my DD's, and because one of them has a "light control module", I get stupid readouts on the dash that vary from "right brake light open circuit" to "turn signal circuit shorted to ground", and it has always been a damn bulb. In one of my DD's I have resorted to putting direct replacement LED bulbs in at $20 a pair because they last a year instead of 2 months.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings