The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

909/1000 Build thread

jeverts

Sunday Funday. Got my radiator mounts made. My measurements are a little off but nothing that I can't cut the pegs off and re-weld them won't take care of. Also got some mounting brackets done for the intercooler.

transparentdsm

Quoting jeverts:
Not sure if sarcasm? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry I was vague on that. I meant to say, the head side flange is flat across the top side.

not sarcasm, i have a problem where things i say and type always sounds like im being an asshole. its the new jersey in me. what you said made total sense and i immediately understood you. im also crazy jealous of the CNC machine you get to use and make parts with. i want to make a bunch of 1 of a kind sh*t for my car. loving the intercooler setup.

89Patches

Quoting transparentdsm:
i have a problem where things i say and type always sounds like im being an asshole.

Hey, me too! Or maybe I am just an asshole...

sh*t looks good! Damn car is gonna billet CNC'd everything by the time your done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously setup looks awesome!

jeverts

Quoting beermebandit:
Such a clean build! Cant wait to see more

Thanks guys. I will be making a lot of billet parts, I don't want to take it to far. I will be powder coating the VC. As beautiful as the FF VCs are, its a little to much for me.

jeverts

Making some more progress on 909

Had a guy at work fab me up a bracket to relocated the power steering.

I was also able to work on finishing up the intake manifold. Still have a little bit to go. I am hoping by this weekend I can finish it up.

Op1

Op2

G

Staff member
That's sweet, how much $ do you think you spent on materials?

jeverts

Quoting G:
That's sweet, how much $ do you think you spent on materials?

About $500 in materials. Which I splurge on getting MIC 6 instead of 6061. Probably would have been in the $300 range if I used 6061.

Thanks guys.

jeverts

I am going to do the 5 lug conversion on my galant but not sure what hubs to get? The rock auto is a little confusing, or maybe I am looking at this wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings