The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey. Login to browse without most ads.

Paint, factory color or not to factory color.

MrBoost

That is the question. So This car is in need of a paint job because the sun has baked the clear pretty bad. The bumpers don't match the green since they are jdm. So now I'm left trying to decided if I want the car to go back to a belize green or If I want to go ahead go with a custom color. Not really worried about resale value as the car will likely never be sold. Main reason for staying green is not having to do jambs and under hood/trunk areas.
What say you .Org?

KiNgMaRtY

Belize green is a nice color but I would paint it in whatever color you like if you do not plan to sale.

JNR

If you do end up changing the color much, of course be sure to account for door jambs, under the hood and so. Similar hue probably not, saying if it's obviously different.

MrBoost

If you do end up changing the color much, of course be sure to account for door jambs, under the hood and so. Similar hue probably not, saying if it's obviously different.
As I stated originally that is my hold off on changing the color, it adds a pretty good amount to the cost of a good paint job.

gvr4ever

About the only custom color I saw that I liked was GM triple black. As already stated, if you don't want to do all the door jams, and engine bay, trunk, I'd just try and match the factory paint as much as possible. I some what recall a purple Galant VR4, and I personally didn't think it worked. While hugger orange or racing yellow works for some cars, I feel the Galant is limited to more neutral base colors. It doesn't "need" to be stock, but crazy colors just stick out too much and take away from the sleeper aspect.

MrBoost

About the only custom color I saw that I liked was GM triple black. As already stated, if you don't want to do all the door jams, and engine bay, trunk, I'd just try and match the factory paint as much as possible. I some what recall a purple Galant VR4, and I personally didn't think it worked. While hugger orange or racing yellow works for some cars, I feel the Galant is limited to more neutral base colors. It doesn't "need" to be stock, but crazy colors just stick out too much and take away from the sleeper aspect.
There’s not much sleeper left in an 800hp car with 4” exhaust.
I addressed the jams and trunk etc in my original post. That aside I’m really leaning toward doing the car in 8L5.

gvr4ever

There’s not much sleeper left in an 800hp car with 4” exhaust.
I addressed the jams and trunk etc in my original post. That aside I’m really leaning toward doing the car in 8L5.
She's still an old school box style car. While you can do whatever you want, if you can get away with sleeper mode in cruse mode, it will still be an unassuming old 90s car. To this day, I still feel like I get away with some playing because it's just an old car. Even if I'm pushing it and toying around, unless caught in the act, cops will never look twice at a old Galant.

Imback

Do as you please. My friend had his resprayed a few months ago and finally was happy with it and drove it to the shootout this year. It had nothing but positive praise.

PXL_20240906_185754443.jpg

PXL_20240906_185749842.jpg

PXL_20240906_184619321.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings