The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey. Login to browse without most ads.

New(ish) Owner of 893/1000

tfTom

Hi everyone! My name is Tom. I'm 19 and I stole my dad's GVR4 from him to fix up as a project car, as he's just had it rotting away. I say I'm a newish owner as I had already driven the car a while back, but that was mostly out of desperation, as I needed a car for college. We did some questionable mods out of necessity as it was all we had available at the time(335i intercooler lol). I am definitely not new to DSM cars, I owned a 3000GT VR4 some years ago, but this will be my first 4G engine so I'm hoping to learn about them, and hopefully bring this car back to life :D

010CA52C-579B-4342-BF19-C99655D1A59D.jpeg

6C86356E-3525-4B6F-95AB-2B91852A3CFE.jpeg

gvr4ever

Back in the day I used a junk yard Audi IC on a 91 Talon TSi. It was a usable upgrade. That 335i IC looks at least 3 times larger than the stock one and thicker. So if it works, it works. Probably just fine for street use, and probably won't need an upgrade till you crank up the boost or race it. The stock IC in the summer could only get 1, maybe 2 hard runs before heat soaking. After that, you just had it wait for it to cool down, or loose a noticeable amount of power due to a very hot intake.

timt

Yes from around 99 to 06.
Wish I never sold it. But glad someone is enjoying it. Always wondered what happened to it after the guy I sold it to sold it.

tfTom

My dad bought it from someone named Leo (I'm not too sure how long ago). He didn't really end up using it too much so it's just been sitting for a while. It's nice to hear from a previous owner though! Small world.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings