The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Im new here

Songsay

Hi, I am 239/1000
picked up a Kensington grey vr4 a couple of weeks ago.
incomplete car, had to undo alot of ghetto rigging and redo alot and put alot back
together. all in all its an awesome car.
16g turbo, big front mount, agx adjustable with h&r springs, boost controller, 3 inch turbo back w divorced wastegate, 2g mas.
thats about all i can tell from it. i dont know what else the previous owner did to it or put into it.

Whats up Songsay? Its about time I found you here...The Alaskan VR4 owners are coming out of the wood works....

steve

Welcome aboard! Please send the badge and VIN to iceman69510 on the board, so he can update the registry. Thanks!

Songsay

I just switched from my stock 15" wheels to some 17" wheels today.
Looks pretty darn good, but killed all the response.
I will get pics in the morning.

Welcome to the org. There's plenty of knowledge on this forum to help get her back where you want her. Good luck with your project. These truely are amazing machines. Greys pretty sexy but summit white FTW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Songsay

15 inch wheels are awesome for acceleration, they handled ok, looked very late 80's
New 17 inch wheels look much more updated but acceleration suffers.

Songsay

I guess I could describe the wheels.
They are actually the first set of wheels I have paid retail for.
MSR 113 17x7 40mm offset with 225/45/17
The wheels are 20lbs without the tires.
There were lighter wheels, but I only paid a hundred bucks each wheel, some of the lighter wheels
I looked at would have ran me close to a thousand bucks to purchase them online and have them shipped.
Didnt want to spend that much on a car I only drive in winter.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You have a 3kgt also? Did you upgrade the turbos? Your name seems familiar. I might have sold you some 13g turbos many years ago.

Songsay

iceman,
probably, ha ha ha.
I have like 20 13g turbos sittin in my garage.
only 1 t25 that I pulled out of my talon to swap a 14b into, and a couple of 15g turbos.

Jesh

Another vr4 in Alaska?!? Wow I didn't think there were any left up here. welcome to the board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There were only 9 VR4s originally sold in AK.

BrandonEchols

Yes...more Alaskan members.
One of these days we need to organize a meet.
Welcome.

@iceman are you able to give us the vins of the 9 vr4's that were OG in AK? @songsay from my count theres 5 AK vr4 owners on this board, the one that hasn't posted or doesnt frequent this board is CupaJoe, he left for Airforce BMT and I believe he's in techschool now. But yeah its nice to see fellow AK VR4 owners coming out of the woodworks. A meet is most definitely on the way, well I won't be there until this deployment is over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Songsay

Well the count continues.
We should organize a meet next summer.
I am still at the hospital with our newborn son.
Its going to be alot of sleepless nights for a while.

DR1665

Organize a meet? You guys should get together and do the ALCAN in a Galant.

That.
Would.
Be.
EPIC.

I would chip in a couple bucks towards the endeavor. Probably wouldn't be the only one, either.

Jesh

I'm definitely down for a meet this summer. If I had the time I would be down for driving the Alcan. Would just have to remember jack stands, my car really seems to like them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts