The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

advan art mags

chrisb33

i believe these were really made for our cars. correct me if im wrong. they come in size 15's and 16's but they're so rare and expensive. beautiful though and someday id love to own one of these.

img.php

incidentally check out this cardomain page of a friend of mine. so clean and almost upto spec. an n/a engine though but im sure you guys would appreciate it.

click me

curtis

Chris aren't those magnesium....I think they are...... not sure but dudes got a clean car for sure.

Ralli380Gvr4

+1 on a really clean 6g w/ some crazy oem bling, to bad it's not a 4g63t though. Still doesn't take away from the cleanliness, especially w/ the advans.
Little off topic here, but 6g Gti's were awd and 4WS, correct?

I had no idea they made rear center consoles like that!
All in the details... reminds me how I still really want door handle guards and a full auto climate conversion....someday.

Cool pics of the meet too. Thanks for the link bud!!!

Last edited:

6G GTi's aren't all 4wd and 4ws. In Western Europe the 4wd and 4ws version of the GTi was called the GTi dynamic 4. The "standard" GTi is a lot faster than a dynamic 4 though because the dynamic 4 has the heavy 4ws and 4wd and only has 7 hp more than the standard GTi. The dynamic 4 is also almost 200 kg's heavier. Pretty easy to smoke a (4wd/4ws) GTi dynamic 4 with a "standard" GTi(2wd).

maxpain

edit:

I searched littlebit more. There were lots of other changes more than cat. CR, (pistons), cams, ecu, exhaust manifold.

Last edited:

They sure didn't. The motor is thesame, but the dynamic 4 has about 5/6 hp more. There is a difference in versions with and without the cat, but 89/90 6th gens already had a cat. A guy i know has a dynamic 4 and his paper compared to mine clearly verify that there's a difference in the amount of hp's.

Last edited by a moderator:

misterfixit

euro 1991 ups had a different ecu, and cyclone. Thats the only engine difference though.

Rich

maxpain

maybe 91 onwards. caps says 90-91 were change of those things.

maxpain

Thats not true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here in Sweden every boring Galant has a cat from 88 and up. And it's correct that the Dynamic-4 has 5-6 hp more than the fwd GTi, well at least if you want to trust the registration.

Quoting maxpain:
Thats not true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's not true?? You clearly need new information sources because you don't know sh*t about the 6th gen Galant.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

maxpain

In here finland 88-90 models are without cat and 91 and 93 have a cat.

rah1482

In keeping with the subject - yeah, I can't get enough, that I collect them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

img.php

img.php

chrisb33

Quoting curtis:
Chris aren't those magnesium....I think they are...... not sure but dudes got a clean car for sure.

hi curtis,

yep i believe they are indeed magnesium's. very clean car indeed! but i told him it would be a bit nicer if he had painted the mags either white, or silver/grey.

chris b

chrisb33

Quoting Ralli380Gvr4:
Little off topic here, but 6g Gti's were awd and 4WS, correct?

I had no idea they made rear center consoles like that!
All in the details... reminds me how I still really want door handle guards and a full auto climate conversion....someday.

Cool pics of the meet too. Thanks for the link bud!!!

nope, gti's arent awd nor 4ws. i wish they were at least awd!!! coz my car is/was a gti and i had an engine swap to 4g63t and got an LSD so that im a FWD at the very least.

the rear consoles are also rare! i was offered a brand new in box of one of those consoles but it was expensive and i thought that i really didnt need it. but now i wish i did buy one.

i also saw a full auto climate control here but my problem was that it was for sure non-functional and i had no way to fix it. if i did buy it then it would just for aesthetic reasons which means i wouldnt have a functional a/c which is a no no here in the philippines.

door handle guards like this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

chris b

chrisb33

Quoting rah1482:
In keeping with the subject - yeah, I can't get enough, that I collect them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

img.php

img.php

damn rah! you rock!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Olson

Advan RC I's
000_0061.jpg

chrisb33

those are cool advan's too olson! i see a couple of 6g's with those mags here as well.

still love the advan art's more though. looks "meaner" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts