The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Tank to Fuel Rail line upgrade question - how much line do I need?

Gvr4-330

I am working on getting my Galant back on the road after being in storage for 8 years.

I am currently working on getting the fuel pump out, and have decided that the fuel lines are so rusted that I should just replace the lines with -6AN lines.

I'm looking at STM Tuned's kit: click which is stated for a DSM.

It includes 10 feet of hose to go from the tank to the filter (and 2' to go from the filter to the rail), which may be right on the border of what's needed for the Galant. Does anyone know if 10 feet would work, or do I need to get more?

Thanks in advance! It's been impossible to reach them via phone to ask, and if I buy the pieces separately, it's $40 more.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

I believe I bought the fuel line and fittings off Summit, adapter for the sending unit on extremepsi and whatever else I may have needed. Take a measuring tap and take a rough measurement of the overall length of where the sender location is on the tank to the front crossmember, then measure up towards the top of the bay and over to where the stock filter location is...I'm pretty sure that's how I did it, and just estimated for bends in the routing.

I didn't want to go through and getting a kit for a DSM and happen to actually need more hose than what came in the kit. So I just pieced my own together, I had to anyway, because the factory hard line wasn't sealing anymore at the fuel filter connection:?

Last edited:

Gvr4-330

Thanks. I did do some rough measurements, and I think I need just over 10 ft of line, which is what has been so frustrating. I can't get anyone on the phone from STM, and I think their kit price is pretty decent as it includes the fuel filter. However, I am about ready to go another way.

idreamidrive

Any reason you aren't going hard line? Sure it is harder to bend, but not by much if you get the "better" line.

I have been kicking around redoing my fueling system and going 1/2" (8an) supply and reusing my stock supply 5/16"(5an) as a return. Over kill? Sure, but it is also, hopefully, future proof. My biggest concern is the fuel filter, as every test I have seen has shown aftermarket filters filter like crap. Currently looking at the Injector dynamics fuel filter id f750, click , as it meets bosch's requirements for filtering.

Gvr4-330

Mainly due to effort. There are pre-made kits ready to go, and many just go that route.

But not opposed to it either. If I go hard-line, which one do you recommend?

idreamidrive

I personally would go nickle/copper if bending is an issue for you. But if you think you can bend it, go with stainless.

This is some info on earla fuel line that might help you make your decision. click

Last edited:

CutlassJim

I've used their V band assemblies for a couple exhaust builds and they are very nice for the money.

Gvr4-330

Thanks for all the advice! I'm not trying to upgrade my line size for now, just trying to get the f#%$ing flexible hose off the hard line and the fuel hat.

Based on what I've read, now I'm thinking about just re-using my existing hard-line since it seems to be ok good shape, cutting the existing fittings and flare off of it and using some tube-to-an adapters to adapt to an upgraded fuel filter with AN to fuel rail on one end and AN hose to my aftermarket fuel hat on the other.

Does this seem reasonable?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That could work.

Gvr4-330

Got all my fittings in. I ended up going with Fasster LLC fittings that I got from eBay. I got a -6an female fitting and a -6an 90deg elbow and some of their PTFE nylon wrapped stainless tubing. I also got a Vibrant Performance 5/16" tube to -6 AN male fitting.

The Fasster stuff actually looks really nice. The finish seems nicer than the Vibrant fitting.

I already have a stainless fuel hat I got off this site years ago.

Excited to give it a try.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings