The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacing sunroof seal

mk2davis

I got a new sunroof seal. Before I start pulling the old one off, is there any hints or tips?

It looks like it's designed to go in without adhesive. Is this correct?

What's the best way to get the old one off?

Once I get it installed and I confirm it's the right one, I'll post up part # and source if people are interested.

Thanks in advance!

idreamidrive

Make sure you acquired the right seal, as I am pretty sure there are two sunroofs, port installed and factory installed.

It has been years, but I remember just pulling it off and it having no adhesive to it on the factory installed one. Looking at the Body FSM, it doesn't show any adhesive either.

mk2davis

I laid the new one over the old, and they seem to be the same size and type. My old one just doesn't want to come off. I found a FSM, and while it said how to remove the glass and motor, it didn't say anything about the seal. Please let me know if there is an easy way for me to look at your Body FSM, I'd love to see what it says.

jmorri15

I've been looking for a replacement seal for mine, do you by chance have the link to where you got it?

Thanks man

mk2davis

I still haven't installed the seal yet, so do your own research re: part number. Shipping was $20 and part was delivered quickly.

click

mk2davis

For future reference, the seal has a light bead of adhesive between the seal and the top of the glass. The seal didn't want to move because the rail that is shaped like an L around the glass which captures the seal started rusting to heck... effectively placing wedges along the seal to jam the seal into place.

I got newto me glass with unrusted framework around it and a better seal from Performancepartout.com for 1/3 the cost of just the new seal. So back into the box of goodies the new seal goes...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts