The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Turbo Diesel 4 Door Montero - Project - Phoenix $3995

IncorpoRatedX

click

Handy with a wrench and looking to get one of the cleanest USDM Turbo Diesel Gen 1 Monteros in America?

This Gen 1 4 Door truck is the stuff Mitsubishi Montero dreams are made of. Clean white body, third owner, likely never been off-road, was owned by a lady for most of it's life, when the head gasket blew, as they do on these old V6 trucks, it was sold to a local, he removed the engine and found the cylinders full of coolant and the engine not salvageable. I bought the truck from him with the intention of a beautiful daily driver, the classic looks of the Gen 1 and the MPG of turbo-diesel.

The 4D56 engine came to me from known Mitsubishi importer and parts seller from the bay area: Noah Zimmerman, it was being sold as a running engine pulled from a Delica. I've not had the time or resources to finish this truck and with the plates due for renewal, my company growing, my day-job requirements increasing and needing to lighten the load for the next chapter in our life, I've come to the realization that I simply do not have the bandwidth to finish this truck any time soon.

I decided months ago that I would sell it but told myself top dollar was going to come from a Turn-Key turbo-diesel 4WD. That's not going to happen soon and I'd rather put any energy and time I do have into my mighty max. I have sourced the parts for this truck from reputable places (engine from known reseller, parts from rising sun out of canada) and the truck is about 95% complete.

The interior is in great shape and almost entirely complete. There's one, what appears to be ciggarette burn on the driver seat but there's no other indications this vehicle had been smoked in. The interior is dark brown and the seats are clothe. The radio is not installed but it's in the truck. The back seats look like they've never been used and the rear carpet and headliner are clean.

You'll need a few to a handful of parts depending on your plans for this truck. Since it was listed as a running engine, you could toss a timing belt on and hook up the fuel lines and accessories and run it, or you could do a service on it, water pump and other items that would make this thing be around for the long haul, but that's up to you. That was my intention and that's why the timing belt and injection pump are off.

Comes with injection pump, timing covers and everything the engine came with, and everything you'll need to make it run, has an OEM diesel flexplate bolted to the stock auto trans. All the fitment work is done for the most part. AC pump was removed when the previous owner pulled the engine, still have the pump wrapped up and packed away along with most of the other V6 engine bay parts that came off the truck. I can't say the AC worked since I never saw it, but it certainly looks complete and I intended to make it work.

Parts you will absolutely need: Diesel starter (new from napa or used from rising sun) and a diesel alternator, the one on this engine has a cracked housing, you could likely repair it by welding the tab back on, but that's up to you. Everything else is pretty much there.

It's possible for me to part the engine from the truck, but you'd have to come pull the engine and it's still going to cost over $2000. If that's the case I can provide either an automatic flexplate or an OEM diesel flywheel

Comes with 15x8 Turbine wheels and 31 inch yokohama tires. 3 are used and in good shape, one is new, price can be negotiated down by $600 if I keep the wheels and tires. You'll have to provide your own rollers, I don't have any to loan you.

Jesus_Negros

Damn that's dope! I want lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts