The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel filler hose

MitsuDriver274

After sitting for quite some time, I filled up the tank in my VR4. Was welcomed the next morning with a pool of gasoline under the car.

The replacement hose is now discontinued, I did not have any luck finding a new hose. I was able to piece something together, figured I'd share what I was able to cobble up.

41MM Molded 90
41MM Molded 45
41MM Coupler

Used my old hose as a reference to cut the new hose, used the old zip tie mark as a reference for the splice.

q0ZlXa.jpg

tg8S3b.jpg

New hose fits very well.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

slugsgomoo

I love that after all the years of people suggesting this when it happened, not only did someone do it, but took detailed pictures to help future folks. Nice work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

IncorpoRatedX

Thank you for this.

makedollarz

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. Im bringing 202 back to life and this was the first problem i came across after sitting for so long...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I didn't think of this earlier, but as the failure of the original hose is basically (those I have seen) cracking at the lower elbow (left end of the original hose in the pictures above), you could just splice a 90* elbow to the original hose in the same manner with the joint.

Just another thought.

makedollarz

Mine was leaking from the lower elbow as you mentioned. I guess i could have got away with just replacing the lower portion i didnt think about that either. Parts will be here tomorrow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts