The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

UPS Package theft

tektic

Sent out my center diff in January to have 2 more spider gears installed. Never got the package although it says it was delivered. That was the second Thursday in march. It's been a long time and the company that made it for me has been giving me a runaround. In march they were promising to replace it and after a month of waiting for them to build another one They then later decided to wait for ups. They didn't follow up with the claim on ups and it was closed by ups. All the promises of the company have proven to be BS including the one that the original turnaround would only be a week and that they would require a signature to deliver the package at my verbal request. My working core differential was received by them on January 24th and I'm still without the parts for my transmission. I find this ridiculous. What do you guys think?

pot

Staff member
I think you've been extremely patient despite the circumstances. I also think you should identify how they advertise and whether this vendor uses social media to include automotive forums, and post your customer feedback anywhere/everywhere. I would also encourage you to file a claim with the local Better Business Bureau based upon where the vendor operates from and a few choice posts on the vendors local Craigslist city/area for good measure. You could also file a police report, small claims court case, or contact the local newspaper in the area to see if they would be willing to write an article or share your story.

These are just some creative ideas to get you thinking and weigh your options my friend. Good luck but don't settle for anything until your completely satisfied with your purchase.

pot

Staff member
My suggestion was a bit extreme however you said that "All the promises of the company have proven to be BS...." therefore you should know what to do. Me personally, I would exhaust all available means to handle this in a civil manner by reaching out to the vendor especially if your talking about about Shep / Jacks / TRE / TMZ who I know will more than go out of their way to ensure a happy and reoccurring customer.

Draft an email citing your understanding of the situation, articulate how you would like this situation resolved (I'm assuming you want to be compensated by the part or your money returned), and indicate your expectation to have this resolved, and then contact the vendor. Give it a few days and drink a few beers and then see where this goes -Good luck

Hittman

Bro, this happened to me not too long ago, funny story I was driving home and passed the truck, status said delivered, but it was nowhere to be found. Got back on my car and chased the driver down, flagged him down and said hey did you just deliver a package? He said to where, I told him, and he said no. This is how I knew something was up! I told him that it said status, delivered, and that obviously he was just there, and that if I didn't get my package I would call his manager and make sure he didn't have a job in the morning. After all of that I went out for a drink, came back home and boom, package on the front door! Sometimes these bastards sneak through the ranks and pull this type of sh*t!

tektic

It's so much fun that the said the shop said they would replace it and just didn't. May second. Haven't driven my car in 3 months.

gtluke

which diff do you have? I have an extra 4 spider. It has zero, one , or two lines scribed on it. The matching gear in your trans will have the same lines scribed in the face of the teeth.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts