The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM Fogs with Turn Signals/Plug and Play

turbophein

Just finished up my plug and play JDM fogs with turn signals incorporated. I figured i would share my project. the projector side will continue to be a foglight, while the inner light will now be a turn signal.

factory JDM Wire Harness

Jdm Projector fog and the inner light to be converted to a turn signal

Parts needed:

1. USDM Fog Lights wire harnesses
2. USDM Turn Signal pig tails.
3. Amber H3 Bulbs (or cheap t10 bulbs and you can solder them into the H3 housing) click

step 1. remove complete harness from usdm foglight

step 2. remove jdm fog light side only harness, leave the turn signal harness installed, then cut off the jdm pigtail leaving about 2" of the inner light wires to solder the connection later.

at this point the jdm fog should only have the inner lights wires sticking out about 2 inches, the rest should be gone.

step 3. install the usdm harness into the jdm foglight the same way the old harness came out, use a little silicone to seal the slightly smaller rubber grommet.

step 3. cut off usdm turn signal pigtail.

step 4. solder on the usdm turn signal pig tail to the jdm inner light wires that you left after cutting the jdm harness off.

step 5. replace the H3 white bulb with a H3 amber/orange bulb (if led is used you must add a load resister so they won't flash fast)
click
click

Here is the finished product

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts