The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

would like to talk to someone who has put a boost guage in the center/ cluster

kooter

I would like to do this

or rather have someone else do it for me. Would be much better.

so if anyone out there has done and can do it again please let me know.

ercp98

I have this. but it is just too time consuming to do again.
Also, just a heads up, the boost gauge face is not illuminated. you
have to set up something else to illuminate it at night.
You will not be able to see your boost gauge at night if you don't.
I hope you find some one to do it for you.

With the car being turbocharged from the factory, why didn't Mitsubishi install a factory boost gauge? I'm assuming it has something to do with cost on their end?

alansupra94

....it does have a boost gauge. It is useless but still there.

kooter

honestly I don't do alot of driving at night, and mainly just looking to do this so I have an accurate reading.
I have read through the how to and can probably do it myself, but if someone else has already done it. So I don't mess it all up.
I have a second cluster for practice. But don't want to wreck the damn thing.

alansupra94

I was tempted to do this but went against it after realizing how easy it is to mount the gauge right next to it in either the speaker or using an ECS pod.

kooter

Would really like to get a mitsu guage with the triple diamond on the face. That would look like it was made that way.

raptorWagon

Quoting nvturbo:
With the car being turbocharged from the factory, why didn't Mitsubishi install a factory boost gauge? I'm assuming it has something to do with cost on their end?

Ever notice those orange bars lighting up across the Tach? That's the factory boost gauge.

Talk to Lonewolf about it, if I recall he has this mod done.

GSX_TC

Quoting kooter:
Would really like to get a mitsu guage with the triple diamond on the face. That would look like it was made that way.

I believe the stock Evo 8 or 9's come with mitsu gauges Like that

kooter

I believe you are correct. What I have seen so far is a three guage set up from an evo. I saw one for sale awhile back on here for like 100 bucks but missed out on it. Before I had any idea this could be done. From mitsu it is like 500 dollar's. definately not that interested. but will keep looking. It was a black guage little red triple diamond and I believe had boost inked in white on the face.

Brunoboy

The Evo gauges are only from Evo RS and Evo MR. They come in oust(bar set up) , oil temp and volt. For oil temp it uses a special sensor connected to the drain plug.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned