The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wow thought I made a intro thread, intro thread

Hey everyone. I could have sworn I had made an intro thread a year ago on this site but it appears that I did not.

My name is Kevin Bernier and I own a 1990 Eclipse GSX as well as a 1992 Belize Green VR4. I currently run the Connecticut DSM chapter (http://www.ccdsm.org). I got into DSMs back in 2000 when my buddy Sean who is also on this site took me for a ride in his 1g. Since then I have had over a dozen 1g's but have always kept my 90 Eclipse. Since buying it in 2000 I have tried various setups. My most recent was back in 2006 when the car went 10.6@133. It was a group project between my dad and I and we set out to run 10s. Since then I have not been very interested in racing. My wife and I also had a child so there hasnt been much time for racing.

I became interested in the Galant over a year ago and have been no this site for some time but usually just read what others have to say. Recently I finally decided to purchase one since the 4 door was appetizing seeing as I need a back seat for the little one. I purchased the car two months ago and its been a good time however due to the economy it seems I may not be able to keep it.

At any rate just wanted to do what I thought I did a year ago and introduce myself.

Happy boostin!

well welcome to the forums again!haha everyone ends up getting a 4 door down the line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Its true. Its so much more practical. Well sometimes cause it is still a DSM at heart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome back, or again......or something like that.
Four doors definitely help with kids. Plus, all leather interior and a boosted AWD... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Yeah that is definitely what turned me on to these a while back. So hard to find very clean ones though. Its a shame they did not make more of them ya know.

Hi Kevin, I was wondering what happened to you, i think you joined style a while back. I always liked your dsm. I am in the search for a GVR4, but i would have to sell my dsm to get it.

Anywho, Can't u DD your DSM, i didn't think it was that unstreetable.

Mark LaVallee

Actually, DSMs are descended from GALANTS! (Got both)

My GVR4 used to spend a lot of time on Riverside Ave in Bristol.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Welcome back Kevin, hopefully you get to keep the gvr4. Your track rentals are spot on too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

raptorWagon

Welcome man! I was like "hey I know that guy suddenly posting up on here". Wondered if you were still around, I know you popped on the sovadsm forum a couple years ago once in a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Hey guys!

Yes I still pop on over to style sometimes to play games though haha.

My 1g is street-able however it has no heat cause when I was racing it I took it out for weight. Looking back I wish I had not done it but oh well at this point. I may put it back in one of these days.

Yes I do hit up sovadsm. Funny you mention that site as I was peeking around just the other day.

Glad you like my track rentals. Hopefully you can come to the ones I throw next year. We are still planning to do two.

conquesttsi

It's running great and I got that clutch disengagement issue that I was having on the cruise resolved. I put the car away for the winter...saves me alot on insurance. Plus, with it off the road I have plenty of time to install upgrades. I took my daily to the hooters meet (a ford contour) lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts