The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g67 NA rev cut @ 6000

Hello everyone, greetings from this side of the world.

i just recently purchased and planned to restore a 1992 galant however i just noticed that the engine installed which is a 4g67 cannot rev pass 6000 which for me i suppose this is a problem so i would like to know what to check first thanks.

fuel

what is happening at 6000rpm when the revs cut out? is the check engine light on? is the ECU registering that the engine coolant is warm? If the ECU thinks the engine is still cold it might be preventing revs over 6000rpm.

Hello sir, no check engine light, no coolant temp warning nor overheating. Its just like a normal rev cut when it touches 6000 needle wiggles back and fort at the 6000 rpm zone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

desant78

Hey,

Not sure if this will help, but I had a similiar issue on 995/1000 and it was due to the fact that the clutch switch was disconnected. The car thought the clutch was always pressed down, so at 6000rpm that was the "launch" control. I also had a keydiver chip in the car to do that, so I'm not sure if that is a stock feature.

To test the theory: Can you start the car without depressing the clutch? If so, this might be messing with you. Good luck!

AllanL

if this is an overeseas model, considering his location, there won't be clutch switches...

would it matter if the meter panel tach redline is 6k rpm?

mitsubishi_galant__164831416fx.jpg

Last edited:

fuel

^^ 4G67 is a DOHC engine with a 7000rpm redline. The rev cut is built into the ECU rather than the tacho cluster.

Hello everyone thanks for the inputs. Apparently i bought a new panel gauge which has a 7000rpm redline. And now it does rev up to 7000rpm. If only i can post videos to show that the panel gauge is not accurate.. I suppose it should work fine even on the 6000rpm redline. Is there something i miss on the groundings or anything.. And one last thing.. My car seems sluggish.. Do we manually adjust ignition timing for 4g67? Or like modern cars no need for timing gun? Thanks

AllanL

can't send you pm...don't know why...

that is my brother's, from marikina...

very close to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sked a meet up on a weekend...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts