The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Installing new rear calipers with stainless steel brake lines?

4dr_vr4

My rear caliper sliders froze up and I went the route of getting new rear calipers. There is alot going on at the same time during the install with the parking brake, shims and brake pads trying to fall out etc., so I want to reduce any hassles that I can.

There are stainless steel brake lines installed by the last owner. I am finding it kind of a pain to tighten the lines as they enter the calipers completely or they will kink. It's hard to explain but tightening the lines all the way kinks the line or brings the line too close to the parking brake spring.

Am I supposed to be installing the line to the caliper first and then disconnecting the line further up? I guess what I am trying to say is that the nut cannot turn without turning the line as it enters the caliper.

Thanks for any help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If you have the correct lines, they are two piece. You may need to disconnect them at the body flare nut hardline connection and install the caliper end first, then reattach at the hard line.

Without looking I can't recall for sure, but you can possibly do the separation at the joint in the middle of the two flexible lines.

Chad989of2000

I always install the line to the caliper first, that way it can freely spin without kinking. I work myself from the caliper uphill. If I remember correctly, one of the rear lines is double female ended...which can be more of a pain.

4dr_vr4

Thanks all. It wasn't as big a nightmare as I thought it would be but your tips really helped.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts