The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help nearby?

kdott96

So I recently took off the engine head to get it rebuilt and managed to put it back together. Everything seemed right except for the wiring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I bought a new MAP (omnipower 4bar) sensor and am having a hard time getting all the connections right. I will try to upload some pics tomorrow, but if anybody is nearby and willing to help I would gladly appreciate it. For now, here is the current DTC error codes. I am located in Queens, NY btw. Thanks

GSTwithPSI

Looks to me like ECMlink is still configured to use a MAF.

How do you have the sensors wire to the car? Did you use the PnP SD harness ECMlink sells?

Also, verify the CTS is hooked up. It will be in a separate small harness alone with the fan switch, A/C switch and a few other connectors that run to the thermostat housing.

Lastly, post a log. I'd bet your configs are dicked up as well.

GSTwithPSI

Jesus f***, what a mess. I'd bet there is your problem.

Step 1, cut all that sh*t out.

Step 2, rewire everything with solder connections and insulated shrink tubing. Use this guide here click and here click

Edit: Your MAP has a blue wire instead of yellow like mentioned in the link provided. Blue goes to the harness baro wire, black is ground and red is 5v.

Also, post a log so I can check your sensor config in Link.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Tektic was saying he doesn't use it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nah, just the comprehension. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tektic

It was a poorly worded statement. Sorry. But yes, I was saying I don't use it. It was not meant to be a recommendation not to use it.

kdott96

So after rearranging the wires, the car starts and the only code popping up is 0021 (Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Malfunction)
The boost light on the dash is for some reason always turned on at least half way
and I have a lot of gasoline being smoked right up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Not exactly sure where to go from here, but here's an idle log:

Log

Thanks again

thomcasey

Your coolant temp sensor is either unplugged or ones of the two wires going to it are broken. You won't run right with your coolant temp @ -74 all the time. You will dump fuel.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts