The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Future VR-4 Owner - Still at V6

Elric

Hello community,

I come to you as humble owner of a 2001 V6 Galant.

I intend to gift it to my girlfriend once she gets her drivers license, but I'm not willing to give up owning a Galant - The eight generation Galant is, to me personally, the most beautiful and sexy car when it comes to looks out of the factory. I have a few gripes with it, and I absolutely want to get a VR-4 MK3 to deal with those.

To put it simply, the power the V6 has just does not live up to how aggressive it looks.
That front looks like it's just going to devour you, but while it's not slow, it just does not live up to it's looks.

That is why I decided that I really, really want that VR-4.
Since I crashed my Stagea (Poor thing... first day when it started freezing, I was one of 4 car accidents in the same part of town due to weather), I got me a cheap old mercedes van for transport needs, so I no longer need a wagon. I've wanted a VR-4 or Legnum from the start, but the Stagea just won out with more boot space. Now that it's dead, and I have my transport car, I can finally get that car I wanted from the start.

A sexy, aggressive, turbocharged supergalant, the VR-4 MK3.
Now, I will need at least half a year if not longer to save up enough dosh to afford it.
And I want to learn as much as I possibly can about this car, make good use of the time I need to save up for it.
Learn of it's problems, what to look for when getting one, what to watch out for when considering an import, etc. etc. - I want to know all I can about this car before getting it.

That's why I signed up here.
I'm no owner of a VR-4 yet, but I want to be one once I can afford it, and I want get a good one, not a wrecked, ruined one. I also want to be a good owner, know how to maintain and repair it.
I fully intent to keep it for as long as possible when I finally get it - Maybe for the rest of my life, depending on how long it'll live. It really is my dream car.

So, that's me, that's my story regarding the VR-4.
I'm but an apprentice, but I'm eager to learn about this wonderful car.

Cheers,
Elric

Last edited:

Dasith

click

that forum is specifically for the 3rd gen VR-4

this forum caters to the 1st gen VR-4

Elric

Oh my, I missed THAT forum.
Why thank you for the link mate! Much appreciated.

I'll head over there now.

Will still keep an eye on lovely projects and pictures here though... every VR-4 gen is lovely in it's own right.

Cheers,
Elric

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts