GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » Launch Control/Rev Limiter
Previous thread Next thread

Launch Control/Rev Limiter

ElectricBlue92

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1235982 posted 03/21/17 03:02 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I have a stock ecu that is chipped. I want to set my rev limiter at about 4,500-5,000 rpm's. What exactly do I need to do to achieve that without buying a standalone ecu? I've heard talk about eeprom and dsmlink. What exactly is that. Dumb questions but I'm new.

Posts: 1 | From: Des Plaines, IL | Member Since: 01/24/17 | IP: (2601:246:4e03:5a) | Report this post to a Moderator

FlyingEagle
Doesn't Match Anything

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1235993 posted 03/21/17 08:50 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Have someone build a chip for you, assuming the ECU you have is socketed already, and able to take a new chip.

Put in a WTB (assuming there is no minimum post count to enter the for sale forums).

Very easy thing for someone chip burning savvy.

The other options will take a long time to wrap your head around. ECMLink, AEM, Haltech ... etc.

Or, just don't rev you engine so high while driving? Stock redline is higher than what you are wanting to do.

What is the reason behind the lower threshold?

C53A 1 of the ~1500

Posts: 1440 | From: THE Ottawa | Member Since: 03/05/05 | IP: (173.33.84.32) | Report this post to a Moderator

Breakerrr
1512/2000
362/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1236084 posted 03/24/17 01:43 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Can we assume that youre looking for two different rev limits: one for launching (4-5000) and one for in motion (8000). Right? I think for either, wether you just want to lower the rpm ceiling or use a two step and nothing more, a chip will be your best bet. Slapping link in without knowing some of the basics will only frustrate you. That said, it is an incredible tuning program with a huge well of potential hp if you know what youre doing. Proceed with caution if you go that route. Learn and have fun!

Posts: 37 | From: Wheat Ridge,CO | Member Since: 01/27/16 | IP: (71.212.198.223) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
1 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 180

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.167 seconds in which 0.152 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page