The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I'm a noob. 383/2000, pics and mod plans inside

Lostkoz

Hello all

I recently purchased this 91 galant from a good friend of mine. First time owning a car like this, not the first time I've owned a 4g63 powered car however. A little info on my back round and previous cars I've owned. Always had a passion and love for cars and speed (who doesn't right?) I've owned multiple cars since I started driving at the old age of 16. My first turbo 4 banger was an Srt-4 I bought new in 2005, threw a stage 3 turbo and supporting mods on drove it for a year and decided I wanted an evo. Bought a new WW 06 evo ix, first time owning a 4g63 powered vehicle and I absolutely loved it, had the evo for just over a year and traded it in for another evo ix but in silver, threw a tune and exhaust on it and called it a day. I sold the evo in 2008 and haven't owned a Mitsubishi since. I'm a little rusty and continue to research and increase my knowledge ( a lot has changed in 8 years) on the 4g63 platform.

On to the current project

91 galant vr4 #383/2000

The car has a decent amount of upgrades, I plan on changing a few of them
Current mod list (as much as I can remember) I'm sure I'll forget something

-Deatschwerks 300 or 340 I can't remember
--Evo 9 injectors
--FPR
--Return line
--Zetronix ZT-3
--K-sport coilovers
--braided brake and clutch lines
--your choice evo wheels
--MHI 20g, she's pretty tight
--Synapse BOV
--DSM link, V3 full
--Jacks trans
--Eagle/Wiseco combo
--4 bolt, 5 lug, AWS deleted
--built rear end
--Hid projectors(will be changing placement of projector to outside)
-- Act clutch
-- JDM front bumper

Planned mods

Double pumper fuel setup
New intercooler(stm or ets race)
HTA 3586 ball bearing with .85 back half-(owned)
JM fab top mount-(currently being built)
Evo interior w steering wheel.
Cams, springs, retainers, valve job.

On to some pics

Here some pics of my current vehicles

Bmw x5m
E55 amg merc
Accord sport

Enjoy! (I typed this on my phone, apologies for it not being perfect

I'm open to suggestion and feedback

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Lostkoz

Lived in Idaho since 2000, on the outskirts of meridian, not technically "Boise"

You have a build thread on here or any pics of the galant?

Jesus_Negros

That X5M /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fish

Quoting Lostkoz:
Lived in Idaho since 2000, on the outskirts of meridian, not technically "Boise"

You have a build thread on here or any pics of the galant?

No build thread for mine yet, I've got a built engine waiting to go in but keep having other projects pop up.

If you're ever over this way message me and feel free to stop by and check out my cars/trucks. And all I've got are crappy camera phone pics of my car.

Lostkoz

small update, jm fab top mount manifold has been completed and is in route. I will post some pics when it arrives

Lostkoz

*update*

Removed the fp cast exhaust manifold and 20g turbo. Installed new top mount manifold and 35r. Taking it to get custom fabricated intercooler piping and exhaust. Also swapped out evo ix wheels for some bbs mr wheels.

Should be ready to tune here in a month or so. I'll try to continue with updates and pics

Enjoy

Last edited:

Lostkoz

Ordered a new 3.5" ets intercooler, galant specific. Can't wait to get on the road and start tuning.

Lostkoz

Small update

Turbo, manifold and intercooler all mocked up. Getting the down pipe fabbed up. Ran into an issue with the waste gate placement, intercooler piping won't fit with where it currently sits. Sent the manifold back to jm fab for corrections. Also having issues with the JDM bumper fitting over the 3.5" ets intercooler. Haven't decided if I want to modify the intercooler or bumper to make it fit.

Lostkoz

*update

Bought evo 9 front and rear seats, found some that weren't molested and in damn good shape. Can't wait to get them put in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts