The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intermittent runs like crap w/ weak spark

idreamidrive

I am having an intermittent runs like crap situation, that is kind of weirding me out.

Ever once in a while (usually in humid situations), the car will run like crap (like the MAF is unplugged and you can only keep it alive with throttle). Running super rich (I can smell it). Then it clears up after a 5 retires and runs like it never happened.

I haven't driven the car in a while just trying to get the situation happening again. Today it is happening. Squirted the CAS/Ignition Coil/Power Transistor with water to see if I could get an arching situation, but no luck. Started pulling plug wires at the spark plugs. Have great spark on 2/4 but weak spark on 1/3. Aren't our coils supposed to be 1/4 and 2/3? This is the part that is messing with me and I don't know where to go from here. Help!?!

MellowVR4

Could be that your cas is going bad.

idreamidrive

I see I never posted a resolution to this. It ended up that my MAF died. I replaced it with a 3g eclipse gts maf (482) and the wiring connector that Iceman makes click and it fired right up and has been running great all this time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts