The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Yet another new owner here 32/1000

quato

Hello all! Proud new owner of 32/1000 (pics here and here) After having three 1g DSM's in Colorado and an EVO IV for two of my six years in Japan, the bug bit me when I was looking at coming back to the states. I've been looking at GVR4's for about the last year or so, getting a feel for what is out there and what I'm looking for. Then I finally got a date and location for my return. It was time to start the search!

I found the great candidate in KG which I realllllly wanted but the problem was that it was in WI. So, since the military was paying for me to drive from Seattle to Texas, I made the *slight* detour through WI got some GREAT coffee from Joe and his wife and then 3,000 total miles later I arrived in San Antonio with probably the only GVR4 in the whole city. I've been driving around the last few weeks and I couldn't be happier to be back in a turbo Mitu and so much happier that it's a GVR4. This car isn't going anywhere any time soon!!

LIV4PSI

Welcome aboard and thanks for serving! I remember seeing that car in the classifieds, it was definitely a great deal. I'm glad to see it went to a good home.

quato

I was thinking about the drive if it came down to it, but I ended up using a trailer. Where did you go to in CO? I spent almost 6 years at Buckley AFB in south Denver.

I like to think it went to a good home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif One thing is for sure...it went to a home where it will continue to be appreciated and will hopefully be on the road for many years to come. There are a few changes that I would like to make to the car. Though, that's part of the fun of these cars isn't it?

I've had quite a few compliments on the car already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif One of the admirers told me, "That's one of the nicest Sentra's I've seen." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif lol

LIV4PSI

Mod away. Although these cars are rare, no one leaves them stock. You're right, that's no fun.

There is a resemblance to the early 90's Sentras. There is a nice 2 dr Sentra of that vintage in my neighborhood, makes me wish Mitsu made a 2dr GVR4.

matt92vr4

Congrats! I love the valve shut off button hehe.

mitsuturbo

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Mod away. Although these cars are rare, no one leaves them stock. You're right, that's no fun.

There is a resemblance to the early 90's Sentras. There is a nice 2 dr Sentra of that vintage in my neighborhood, makes me wish Mitsu made a 2dr GVR4.

A 2 door 6g Galant makes about as much sense as a 2 door '93 honda accord, or a volvo 780... all the weight and shape of a giant brick, no weight advantage whatsoever. I'm happy Mitsubishi never created such an abomination.

James

First thing I would do is clean up the engine bay. That's a hot mess lol. Nice pick up

Nice buy! Second best color for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Summit white FTW!
On another note, welcome to the org. Great site with lots of knowledge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

quato

Yeah I really like the valve shut off haha

I have a dry erase board from my old work coming with my household goods that I'm going to use to keep track of the changes I want/need to make. Only problem is that I don't think it's big enough. I need a marker with a smaller tip lol. I'm a nitpicker. Now to just find the time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned