The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replica Key Fob Interest Thread

Due to RayN registering and sharing his information the original producers of the key fobs have been located!

Struc and I have contacted them and this is their reply:
Quote:

After searching the archives, I have found that the Galant VR4 dies have been destroyed. Looking at the image, it doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to remake. Pricing is as follows:

Charge to layout new art for cutting the dies = $50.00 (we can eliminate this charge if you have a keytag we can use to create the new dies)
Charge to create new die for 1990 = $250.00
year 1990 – 25 brass keytags - $6.75 each

Charge to create new die for 1992 = $250.00
year 1992 – 25 brass keytags - $6.75 each

Price to number keytags = $.95 per piece.

SteveGLS has generously offered to put down the money to have these produced so we are on our way to having identical replica key fobs created by the original producer!

turbowop and Hertz deserve a tremendous amount of appreciation for offering their original 91 and 92 key fobs for the die!

If you are interested in purchasing one please go to the FS thread!
Replica Key Fob For Sale Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd want 2 fobs for 1947/2000. I've been waiting for someone to do this.

dustyduff

I'd be in for two of them as well. Depends on the quality and price, but you can definitely put me down as an interested party.

mitsuturbo

I'm interested.

I could use a key fob or two. I think getting them without numbers might be the way to go. It's fairly easy to get a number punch kit and number them one's self, i believe.

Otherwise, I'd definitely want one for 555/1000, and maybe i would get 1411/2000 as well, as neither of my cars came with key fob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lancer99

Im game for 2 myself. Just notice that he started this thread at 9:07am on 9/07/2010.

Jesh

count me in for 2 key fobs for #898!

WaRrIoRs16

I'll take one as well.

BrandonEchols

I'd be down for 2.
Are we talking a true casting of the actual fob though?
or more like what saw in the last thread?

I'll take one if its is less than 40 and if its quality is good. We really need a company to do a casting rather than have them machined.

Gizmovr4

I would be in for one as well

donkeylips

So in

Quoting brandonechols:
I'd be down for 2.
Are we talking a true casting of the actual fob though?
or more like what saw in the last thread?

Quoting 3of1000:
I'll take one if its is less than 40 and if its quality is good. We really need a company to do a casting rather than have them machined.

It would be in the same vein as the previously made replica. I agree that a casting would be ideal.

JNR

How come nobody makes them in brass and that looks like an oem piece?

However, I'm kind of glad they don't, as it makes the originals that much more valuable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diego

I'm in for a set of 2 for 1309/2000 and give me a set of 2 for 577/2000... lmk when this ends.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts