The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Idle at 500 RPM

wowzer

So I was driving to work and looked down to watch my idle drop to 500 when I pushed in the clutch. So I blip the throttle and it does it again. It is not stumbling at 500 but it does not seem right. Then later in my drive it would stay at 750 as always. The next light though it was down to 500. I got to work and it was at 5 I open the door to and pop the hood and it is back to 750.

I just filled up with gas so I might go grab a bottle of heet to put in and see if that helps.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Log your iac.

You might have a coil going out.

speedyvr4

and get a logger ASAP. very usefull tool. If the coils in the IAC motor check ok, then you might wanna screw out the biss screw a little. ( Gounding the plug of course)

i had the same problem with my Jetta it was because the throttle body and stuff was full of build up. just clean with carb. cleaner, fixed the problem. might not be your problem but might help.

Last edited by a moderator:

deez

I had been having that problem and when testing the idle control motor, I saw a vacuum line had popped off the EGR. Fixed.

Myles

BISS leaking maybe? When I switched out my TB I was having similar issues till I replaced the O-ring on the BISS. Then the Idle steadied out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts