The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Low maybe to low

Polish

Pics are to dark homie.

GVR4_1057

Whiteline I assume? What drop did you get? I have the 1" ones and it is nowhere near that low. What struts?

wowzer

Nope these are the KYB setup G was selling. The big wheels did not fit when it was this low. They might now that I had to change the springs back to stock. Eventually I want to find something to lower it again just not as much.

curtis

search for a set of evo struts and springs. Night and day difference and way cheaper than coil overs.

wowzer

Why buy new struts and when i just picked these up I am looking for a set of springs that is all I really need.

G

Staff member
I think they are short stroke, the lowering springs were no name brand & not sure how good they were, a nice set of h&r's should do the trick.

H05TYL

Quoting wowzer:
The big wheels did not fit when it was this low.

Your kidding right? My work-in-progess is currently sitting on the bumpstops (no springs at all) with 17's and they don't hit anything. . .

It's hard to tell with those wheels but it doesn't really look that low, whats the ground to crossmember clearance like?

KT

This is too low.

^Was it that low when I saw it? LOL

Thats looks amazing with the fan blades on it.

RedTwo

It's too low when your coilovers are rubbing on the front CV joints... which means it's time to pull them out and go RWD! ):D

pachood_1953

My car is a finger over my tires right now and it really doesnt bother me. I have yet to scrape (other then when I drove over the fill things in a gas station parking lot).
Im raising it up next year, but it drives nice as is.

Quoting crankwalk:
^Was it that low when I saw it? LOL

Thats looks amazing with the fan blades on it.

I have a set I'v been holding for winter wheels/tires when I go 5 lug..Now Im certainly keeping them. They look hot.

bustedsm

That's not low....lmfao

2" drop on 18x7.5" wheels with 245/45 series tires.
IMG_0964.jpg

2" drop on 17x8" wheels with 225/40 series tires.
2693848819_abe7581ee1_b.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pachood_1953

^^
Lol, I just spent about 45 minutes putting mine on 4 jackstands (weird right?) in the -30 degree weather.

I need to get my coilover wrenches BAD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts