The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Found the source of the wub-wubs, without a doubt

I put the car up on a lift yesterday to rip the rest of the heat sheild off (the snow started the job), and just looking around under there I grabbed the driveaxle. To my suprise the rear carrier bearing allows the axle to move about an inch in any direction. The rubber is completely rotted out, and it doesn't even take a small amount of pressure to get the axle to move.

So for all you with the rear end noise problems, be sure to check this out too.

GVR-4

Do you mean driveshaft? I'm pretty sure the rear driveaxles don't have carrier bearings. Only the left front does. Not to nitpick; I just want to understand what you mean.

dp

As in when you are driving you hear wub wub wub wub & it increases as you go faster. Kinda like a out of round or cupped tire( or even flat for that matter). Makes a sound almost like a washing machine.

From my experience anyway.

hmmm, pretty straight-foward. kind of unrelated, but i have serious steering wheel vibration under hard braking, and have since i got the car. any ideas?

quote:Originally posted by GVR-4:
Do you mean driveshaft? I'm pretty sure the rear driveaxles don't have carrier bearings. Only the left front does. Not to nitpick; I just want to understand what you mean.

dp
Oops, yeah, I meant driveshaft. It was early, and I hadn't woken up yet.
grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts