The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

www.THROTTLEBODYS.com is the BEST

strokin4dr

I would like to share with you the experience that I have had with Steve at throttlebodys.com. Well, about a week ago I decide to pressure test my intercooler pipes because of a suspected leak. To my surprise, it would not hold 25 psi for long than about 2 seconds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif. All of the air was leaking straight out the t.b. I got some soapy water in a spray bottle, wet the entire t.b., and filled the pipes back up with air to see exactly where it was leaking from. There were bubbles everywhere!!! Both of the shaft seals were leaking horribly along with the biss o-ring. So I decided to search for a shop that could replace these seals for I good price. I ran across a post by Terry Posten giving throttlebodys.com a good review CLICKY , so I decided to try this place. I shipped my dirty, non functional t.b. out last Thursday and received it back today. I does not even look like the same part. I looks awesome!!! I got it bored to 63mm with the half shaft mod, all of the seals replaced, new biss screw and bead blasted for $125. You cant beat that price, the workmanship is top notch and Steve is a very pleasant guy to do business with. I am very satisfied and would recommend this to anyone that is going to stick with a mitsu t.b., because your old seals are 15+ years old and are probably shot. Take a look at the pics (I wish I would have taken some before shots so that you could see how bad it really looked). Also, if anyone else has had there t.b. serviced by Steve, please add your comments. Thanks.
Ryan

IncorpoRatedX

lookin good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

stealthtt24

I know my TB leaks and I will be sending it to him as well, what was the turn around like?

edit: re-read your post and it looks like 1 day shy of a week, thanks.

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Same here. Turn-around was less than a week. Let him know it's coming first.

I was having drivablity issues with mine and "thought" it was the TB job until I found out that my BOV was messing up. Now with the BOV correct, it idles smoother than it ever has.

+A guy.

The price is so cheap, why even try to do the seals yourself. First class all the way.

Polish

I did the seals myself. It's easy as pie. I also put in a new BISS and O-ring for next to nothing. While it was off I used a 1$ can of brakleen to make mine look all shiny and new also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Saved around 100 bucks and no turn around time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That looks f***ing AWESOME!!! I'll definitly have to get this done ASAP. Thanks for the information.

This is exactly what I did recently too after getting a leaky TB around the shaft and reading Terry's post. Turnaround time was amazing and Steve was very easy to deal with. Idle has been significantly better.

Thumbs up from me.

steve

Give him a good guy thread!

Quote:
I got it bored to 63mm with the half shaft mod, all of the seals replaced, new biss screw and bead blasted for $125.
Ryan

Have you noticed a difference since this mod? Do you have a larger TB elbow to match? Is the half shaft really worth it; ie, why did you do it?

Thanks! Looks great!

~j~

ps- dremel down the backs of those screws, yo!

fastasleep

Dang, that looks incredible. Thats where my next $125 is going... or is it going to a 90 cooler... or a turbo timer... i need money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

G

Staff member
What's this guys shipping addy ?

Quote:
I did the seals myself. It's easy as pie. I also put in a new BISS and O-ring for next to nothing. While it was off I used a 1$ can of brakleen to make mine look all shiny and new also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Saved around 100 bucks and no turn around time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

+1 I recently did the same thing, orderd the new seals from Mach V, cleaned it while it was off, and $18 later I had no leaks and a clean throttle body.

spooling92vr4

Quote:
That is exactly how mine looked, except I had him do a n/t throttle body. He really does amazing work for the price of it.

+1 but i figured this would just get moved to the good guy forum

Haha, I was going to ask about getting it bored out, and farther up in the thread I asked it like two years ago. What all does he do to bore it out? Do you get a new 63mm throttle plate to match, or is just the outside tapered down to a stock throttle plate? I've already replaced all my seals, cost me a couple bucks and an hour, but I'd be interested in a bigger throttle if it actually makes a difference.

Terry Posten

The unit is bored all the way through. The plate is new. So is all the seals and gaskets. He also sets the throttle closed switch.

If you ask, you can also have a FAIV/ISC block-off plate made and sent with it. He even included new stainless screws the correct length for the blockoff.

He does awesome work.

Dialcaliper

+1 for Throttlebodys.com

Just sent mine in for servicing - I could barely believe that it was the same one; The "before" picture makes it look a lot better than it was. (It's not a core exchange, a few of the marks I noted before I sent it are still sort of visible) Steve does awesome work!

Before:

After:

uncleben4rice

man thats cool can you give me the seal number/ part number so I can get seals from Mark V and try to do my own TB

Boostin21

i go through throttlebodypower.com / o2induction.com same place same guy. he's my neighbor, quality work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts