The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Black lower timing cover

idreamidrive

I was ordering a bunch of parts and noticed that the or black lower timing cover is still available. The stupid thing doesn't line up. Not sure if I got a bad one or for some other reason it won't line up to the bolt holes. All 6 bolt timing covers should fit, correct? Engine was originally from a 90 eclipse, so maybe that is the reason?

idreamidrive

Well, I was able to get the stupid thing on. I wasn't expecting a new oe part to fight me like that.

Normally I start by installing the longest bolt or bottom right bolt. Ever time I did that, the OFH bolt hole was half covered. I finally started at the OFH hole, then the longest bolt, and then the lower right. Once I was able to get those three in their holes I pretty much had to pull the upper right section into place to get the sheet metal wings to line up. It was not a fun install and I probably would have given up and put the old one back on if the engine was in the car. I am hoping with heat cycles it will form to what it is currently and I won't have this problem next time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts